To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
Martyn Ford, dubbed "the world's scariest man", has announced his intentions to have a run in MMA in the near future.
Ford, 39, was scheduled to take on Sajad Gharibi, better known as 'The Iranian Hulk', in a boxing fight at the O2 Arena in London on April 30.
The two had an intense face-off but just weeks before the bout, Ford revealed that the scrap had been postponed.
Not too long after, the whole Boxstar event, which was to feature former Premier League footballers Patrice Evra and Jamie O'Hara, was postponed.
But while Ford was disappointed, the 6 ft 8 monster is hopeful of mixing it up with an opponent soon.
He's claimed to be in promising talks with KSW, the leading MMA promotion in Poland and wants to be involved in a potential London event that could be in the works in a few months.
Martyn Ford, aka “the scariest man in the world”, playing football today.— Jack De Larrinaga Revuelta (@JackDeLarrinaga) May 2, 2022
At 6’8 and over 310 lbs, not even the likes of Sergio Ramos, Pepe, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic will dare mess with him 😂 pic.twitter.com/ijmEsbaEhs
“One hundred per cent I am planning on getting involved in MMA,” Ford told The Mirror.
“I am already speaking to KSW. This is something that was set pre-COVID. I have still been doing pieces of Jiu-Jitsu and stuff. They [KSW] are looking at coming to London in October, and that is an event I would love to get involved with.”
"It just needs to be the right person and right time, my feelers have been put out there to try and get this set up as soon as possible.
"I understand the frustration from people about not yet seeing me fight. I am still training, [the] only thing I am not doing is active sparring. I have switched back into its resistance and explosive power.
“If something does happen which I am hoping I can sign up too soon, I have been training and dedicating so much time and effort to it."
In the aftermath, the Iranian Hulk had threatened to sue Ford as he "heard he didn't want to fight" - but the Brit claims he told the organisers to nix the fight as he has "genuine concerns" about his rival's mental health and wellbeing.
Ford has 3.9 million Instagram appeared in films such as Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Fast and Furious and Final Score, working alongside John Cena, Dave Bautista and more.
Featured Image Credit: Image: Martyn Ford
Topics: Martyn Ford
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read