To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK
Horse Racing

Champion jockey reportedly banned from horse racing amid rape allegations

Jayden Collins

Published 
| Last updated 

Champion jockey reportedly banned from horse racing amid rape allegations

French jockey Pierre-Charles Boudot has reportedly been banned from racing amid an ongoing rape allegation.

The 29-year-old was accused of raping a woman in Cagnes-sur-Mer, France in February last year.

It’s a charge the French 2019 Arc de Triomphe winner has vehemently denied.

Credit: Cal Sport Media / Alamy
Credit: Cal Sport Media / Alamy

The jockey hasn’t raced since May 8 2021 after a public prosecutor said he had been indicted for ‘acts of rape’.

The Frenchmen had been initially suspended by France Galop for three months, which was extended for another six months in August, and then for another six months again earlier this year.

Now, LeParsien reports that commissioners of France Galop have withdrawn Boudot’s authorisation to ride, at the request of the Ministry of the Interior.

A France Galop statement read: "Suspended from May 14 after his indictment for a case of morality, Pierre-Charles Boudot will not be able to resume the competition.

"The jockey had his authorisations withdrawn from the Ministry of the Interior."

The French publication reports that Boudot’s computer and several mobile phones belonging to Boudot were seized by police.

The publication says the report points to dozens of pornographic photos and ‘images likely to present minors’.

Back in August, France Galop confirmed they were waiting for the outcome of the investigation and as such extended Boudot’s suspension for six months.

Credit: Action Plus Sports Images / Alamy
Credit: Action Plus Sports Images / Alamy

A statement read, as per The Sun: “After reviewing the file, the France Galop stewards have determined that as of 11 February 2022 the penal situation and judicial supervision of jockey Pierre-Charles Boudot remains unchanged.

"Hence, as a precautionary measure, his suspension to ride that comes to an end on 16 February 2022 has been renewed for a further six months.

"However, it is important to state that this measure could be lifted before its term or renewed in light of elements brought to the attention of the France Galop stewards.

"Furthermore, the France Galop stewards took note once again of the voluntary and repeated withdrawal of Pierre-Charles Boudot, who intends to abstain from exercising his profession in order to devote himself to his defence.

"A first precautionary measure against the jockey Pierre-Charles Boudot had been initiated on May 12, 2021 in the context of a judicial case, and renewed on August 13, 2021.

"France Galop points out that taking this precautionary measure does not call into question the presumption of innocence of the person concerned."

According to The Sun, Boudot’s lawyer Florence Gaudilliere previously stated: "Pierre-Charles Boudot's determination is greater than ever.

"He categorically denies the charges."

SPORTbible reached out to representatives of Boudot for comment.

Featured Image Credit: Cal Sport Media / Alamy. PA Images / Alamy.

Topics: Horse Racing

Jayden Collins
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Football

Federico Bernardeschi explains why Italy should be at the World Cup despite not qualifying

35 minutes ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Robert Lewandowski breaks down in tears after he scores his first World Cup goal, it meant so much

3 hours ago