sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
F1 Star Hilariously Trolls The Oscar Piastri Saga With His Own Contract Announcement
Home>Formula 1
Published 07:27 4 Aug 2022 GMT+1

F1 Star Hilariously Trolls The Oscar Piastri Saga With His Own Contract Announcement

Alexander Albon announced a multi-year contract deal with Williams and poked fun at the Alpine F1 and Oscar Piastri saga in the process.

Jayden Collins

Jayden Collins

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Thai-British driver Alexander Albon has hilariously poked fun at the Oscar Piastri and Alpine F1 drama with his own contract extension announcement.

Oscar Piastri’s brutal snub of Alpine F1 has been the talk of the driving world in recent days after the Formula 1 team had prematurely and incorrectly announced his contract extension with them.

Piastri took to Twitter to quickly deny any deal being struck and announced he wouldn’t be competing in the Enstone-based outfit in 2023.

He tweeted: “I understand that, without my agreement, Alpine F1 have put out a press release late this afternoon that I am driving for them next year. This is wrong and I have not signed a contract with Alpine for 2023. I will not be driving for Alpine next year.”

The bombshell sent the rumour mill into overdrive that the young gun had already secured a spot on a rival team’s driving lineup for the upcoming season.

Advert

Piastri had won the Formula 2 championship last year, and the Formula 3 championship in 2020 and had been sitting as Alpine’s reserve driver.

There had been speculation since that he was eyeing off a move to McLaren where Daniel Ricciardo had been struggling recently. 

And whilst Alpine may be scrambling to fill out a formidable team, others have been swiftly announcing their driving lineup without the same sort of hiccup.

Alexander Albon rejoined the Formula 1 with Williams this year, and yesterday (August 3) announced that their number 23 had committed his future in a multi-year contract with the team.

In a great show of comedic timing, Albon hilariously trolled Alpine, tweeting out a similar message to that of the Australians. 

Although there were some minor changes to the subject of the tweet.

Albon said: “I understand that, with my agreement, Williams Racing have put out a press release this afternoon that I am driving for them next year. This is right and I have signed a contract with Williams for 2023. I will be driving for Williams next year.”

Poor Alpine. They really have become the mockery of the F1 world.

As if it couldn’t get any worse for the team, Piastri himself responded to Albon’s joke with a gif that read: “Well played, sir. That was good.”

The hilarity has been lapped by many F1 fans online as well.

One fan tweeted: “LOVE THIS S***HOUSERY.”

Another said: “This is going to become the standard way of announcing new contracts or contract extensions in F1, just watch lmao.”

Meanwhile, Mercedes driver George Russel replied, saying: “Love that!”

Don’t expect the jokes to end anytime soon.

Featured Image Credit: Marco Canoniero / Alamy. dpa picture alliance / Alamy.

Topics: Australia, Formula 1, Oscar Piastri, Alpine

Jayden Collins
Jayden Collins

Jayden Collins is a Journalist at SPORTbible. He has worked across multiple media platforms in areas such as sport, music, pop culture, entertainment and politics. He is part of the editorial team for LADbible Australia.

Recommended reads

Ronnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'GettyAteba Gautier was called the 'future' by Joe Rogan, but he's more interested in what his cats thinkMike Roach/Zuffa LLC

Advert

Choose your content:

8 hours ago
11 hours ago
a day ago
2 days ago
  • Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    Max Verstappen speaks out after Nurburgring 24hr debut ends in disaster

    Max Verstappen has spoken about his Nurburgring 24 hour debut as it ends in disaster.

    Formula 1
  • Getty Images
    11 hours ago

    Former F1 driver disqualified and loses license during same race Max Verstappen competes in

    A former F1 driver has been disqualified from the Nurburgring 24-Hour race, one Max Verstappen is competing in.

    Formula 1
  • Getty
    a day ago

    Max Verstappen using genius trick at 24h Nurburgring that has left drivers speechless

    Verstappen is racing the #3 car at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring.

    Formula 1
  • Getty Images
    2 days ago

    How Max Verstappen’s car at the Nurburgring is causing controversy

    An explanation as to how Max Verstappen's car for the Nurburgring is causing some controversy.

    Formula 1