To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Trevor Sinclair suspended by talkSPORT following tweet about the Queen

Trevor Sinclair suspended by talkSPORT following tweet about the Queen

The former Manchester City player was strongly criticised on social media after his critical post about the Queen after her death.

talkSPORT have confirmed that Trevor Sinclair has been suspended by the channel, after his controversial social media posts about the Queen, following her death.

Football paid tribute to the Queen on Thursday night, when minute's silences were held at Manchester United, Arsenal and West Ham's games in European competitions, with Hammers fans choosing to sing in respect through theirs.

However, whilst that was happening on the pitch, former West Ham player Sinclair took to social media with a post that was shocking to most who saw it.

The ex footballer turned pundit, posted on Twitter, saying, "Racism was outlawed in England in the 60s & it's been allowed to thrive so why should black & brown mourn!"

West Ham players hold minute's silence. Image: Alamy
West Ham players hold minute's silence. Image: Alamy

Football fans were not happy with the 49-year-old, condemning his post in the replies, until he was eventually forced to delete his whole account.

Now talkSPORT have confirmed that they've suspended the former Manchester City star, whilst they continue to investigate into what he said.

"Trevor Sinclair will not be on air while we carry out a thorough investigation into the circumstances and timing of his tweet," they posten on social media.

"While we respect the right of Trevor Sinclair to express his opinion on his personal twitter account, talkSPORT does not endorse the tweet."

Previously, after Sinclair's initial post, the station had said they were attempting to get in touch with their pundit, saying, " "We have been trying to make contact with Trevor Sinclair following opinions expressed on his Twitter account.

"talkSPORT does not support those views expressed and is investigating the matter."

And the former player's colleague Simon Jordan was amongst those who criticised the former England international, replying to the offending tweet, "Trev I’m really not sure that is an appropriate thought, let alone tweet.

"The country has lost a very significant person and respect and value should be the overriding sentiments not division!"

It remains to be seen if, or when, Sinclair will be back on our airwaves.

Featured Image Credit: talkSPORT/Alamy/Twitter

Topics: Football