sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Saudi Pro League club targets Raphael Varane as 'contact made' with agent of Man Utd star
Home>Football>Transfer News
Updated 13:24 18 Aug 2023 GMT+1Published 13:23 18 Aug 2023 GMT+1

Saudi Pro League club targets Raphael Varane as 'contact made' with agent of Man Utd star

Could Raphael Varane be the next big name to move to Saudi Arabia?

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A Saudi Professional League club has registered an interest in signing Manchester United defender Raphael Varane.

So far in the summer transfer window, clubs in the Saudi Professional League have been splashing the cash to lure some of Europe’s biggest names to the Middle East.

To date, the likes of Karim Benzema, Sadio Mane, Neymar, Fabinho, Jordan Henderson and Riyad Mahrez have all ditched European football for the Saudi Professional League.

Advert

According to Sports Zone, Saudi Arabian side Al Ittihad have now contacted Varane’s agent regarding a potential transfer.

It has been claimed that Benzema and N’Golo Kante, who joined Al Ittihad earlier in the summer, are trying to persuade the United centre back to join them.

However, it is believed that Varane has so far declined to leave Old Trafford for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

It has been reported that Varane still wants to compete in European football for at least one more season.

Varane, who scored the winner in United’s opening day fixture against Wolverhampton Wanderers, is one of the most important players under Erik ten Hag.

Image
Getty

After signing for the club from Spanish La Liga giants Real Madrid in a deal worth a reported £34 million back in 2021, the Frenchman is under contract at Old Trafford until 2026.

In recent weeks, United have been linked with a move for a new defender amid uncertainty over the future of Harry Maguire, who was linked with a move to West Ham United.

Speaking about Maguire, Ten Hag recently said: “He [Maguire] has to fight for his place.

“He has the ability to be a top-class centre-back and he is the best for England so why shouldn't he be the best for us? But he has to prove it. When he is not confident enough to fight then he has to go, then he has to make a decision, but I'm happy with him.”

United are set to return to Premier League action on Saturday as they travel to North London to take on Tottenham Hotspur.

Featured Image Credit: MUTV/Instagram@raphaelvarane

Topics: Manchester United, Raphael Varane, Manchester United Transfer News & Rumours, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Pro League, Football

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Jurgen Klopp receives shock proposal to return to management

    Jurgen Klopp has received a shock proposal to make a dramatic return to football management at the helm of an ambitious club.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Man City decide on first two signings under Enzo Maresca as private talks held

    Maresca is set to replace Pep Guardiola as Manchester City manager.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Liverpool launch £92m raid for two players from the same club

    Arne Slot is clearly being backed by the board again as he launches another summer of spending

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Xabi Alonso prepared to unleash 6ft 7in Chelsea giant yet to play a game for the club

    The new Chelsea boss is wasting no time in making a massive change to the squad.

    Football
  • Fabrizio Romano provides Ryan Gravenberch transfer update amid Man Utd and Liverpool interest
  • Cristiano Ronaldo set to reunite with another former Man Utd teammate in Saudi Pro League
  • Saudi Pro League targeting moves for Kylian Mbappe and Harry Kane
  • Raphael Varane finally opens the scoring for Man Utd vs Wolves, Old Trafford has erupted