sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Fans of Premier League club left furious as top transfer target named as captain for Carabao Cup clash
Home>Football>Transfer News
Updated 19:25 27 Aug 2024 GMT+1Published 19:23 27 Aug 2024 GMT+1

Fans of Premier League club left furious as top transfer target named as captain for Carabao Cup clash

The Carabao Cup second-round fixtures take place on Tuesday night.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Newcastle United fans have been left fuming after the line-ups were revealed for Tuesday night’s Carabao Cup clashes.

The Carabao Cup takes centre stage this week with the second-round fixtures being played on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

Premier League sides who aren’t in Europe are involved with the likes of Newcastle, Brighton and Hove Albion, West Ham United and Leicester City all entering the competition.

Advert

Ahead of Crystal Palace’s match against Championship side Norwich City, defender Marc Guehi was named in the starting line-up as the captain.

The Englishman has been linked with a move away from Selhurst Park after an impressive season.

So far, Newcastle have had multiple bids rejected for the 25-year-old and with just a few days of the transfer window remaining, Guehi’s future continues to be the talk of the town.

Reacting to Palace’s team news on social media, one fan said: “That’s Guehi not coming to Newcastle then, all the ITK’s will be hella quiet now.”

Another tweeted: “Cheers for getting me excited for nothing.”

A third fan added: “Newcastle in the mud lol my club is a joke.”

Someone else wrote: “NOOO HES CAPTAINNNNN.”

A fifth commented: “Tears in my eyes. Not in a good way.”

Another fan added: “And he’s captain too what a transfer window.”

Image
Getty

Even if Guehi does leave Palace for Newcastle this week, the defender will be cup-tied should the Magpies make it through to the next round of the Carabao Cup.

When asked about transfers, Newcastle boss Eddie Howe said: “Keeping players is a success. Incomings? That work is still going on behind the scenes, everyone trying their best.

“I am not going to comment on individual players.”

He added: “There's no problem with backing or support. There never has been. It's the rules we're trying to abide by and every decision we make has a consequence for the future so we have got to make sure we are making wise decisions and not leaving ourselves in a vulnerable position again further down the line.

“That's why these decisions are complex. It's not quite as simple as being backed. There's backing there. Everyone wants the same result at the football club, but it's making the best decisions for the long-term. It only takes one player to make the window a success or failure however people view it. We hope certainly with a few days to go, as I said, we can do something. And if we can, then … I always think these things need time.”

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Newcastle United, Fan Reactions, Crystal Palace, Football, Marc Guehi

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • Liverpool fans convinced the club is about to make shock signing as flight tracked to the UK
  • Premier League club that no-one saw coming 'open negotiations' to sign Marc Guehi from Crystal Palace
  • Ivan Toney left out of Brentford Premier League squad as he enters talks with shock club
  • Liverpool handed another devastating transfer blow as furious fans call out Richard Hughes

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    PGMO reveal whether Man Utd 'handball' against Nottingham Forest was the wrong decision as update issued

    Bryan Mbeumo handball should have seen Man Utd goal disallowed, admits referees' body

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Spain rocked by fresh World Cup injury worry involving key star as Lamine Yamal set to miss opener

    Yet another selection headache for Luis de la Fuente ahead of the announcement of his 26-man squad on May 25.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Champions League matches could soon be broadcast for FREE with talks 'very close to being finalised'

    The biggest competition in club football could soon be shown for free.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Celtic could be handed points deduction for next season as former official gives his take on situation

    A large number of Celtic fans invaded the pitch during their final game of the season against Hearts.

    Football