• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Liverpool face new transfer nightmare as Mohamed Salah linked again with dramatic move to Saudi Pro League

Home> Football> Transfer News

Updated 17:48 15 Aug 2023 GMT+1Published 17:49 15 Aug 2023 GMT+1

Liverpool face new transfer nightmare as Mohamed Salah linked again with dramatic move to Saudi Pro League

He could move to the Saudi Pro League.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Al Ittihad have reignited their interest in Mohamed Salah, it has been claimed.

Earlier this month it was claimed Al Ittihad were attempting to sign Salah, having offered the Egyptian a huge contract worth €180million (£154.8m) over two seasons.

The Saudi Pro League were also said to be drawing up a £60million bid to tempt Liverpool to sell.

However, Salah’s agent, Ramy Abbas Issa, was quick to shut down the rumour. On Twitter, Issa wrote: “If we considered leaving LFC this year, we wouldn’t have renewed the contract last summer. Mohamed remains committed to LFC.”

Advert

However, as per Rudy Galetti, Al Ittihad have now returned with a fresh ‘approach’ to sign Salah.

The Saudi outfit are allegedly not backing down in the transfer pursuit and are eager to work out whether Salah would be open to departing the Premier League.

A move to Al Ittihad would see Salah form an attacking partnership with reigning Ballon d’Or winner Karim Benzema, while he would also reunite with former Liverpool teammate Fabinho.

Several players among Europe’s elite have moved to the Saudi Pro League since Cristiano Ronaldo made a pioneering move to Al Nassr in January.

Galetti added that Salah is intrigued by the Saudi project.

However, the 31-year-old is said to have “the utmost respect” for Liverpool and in turn will not push for the transfer unless Reds chiefs accept a bid for him.

A move seems unlikely, with Salah contracted to Liverpool until 2025 and the club’s highest earner and most influential player.

Salah claimed 19 goals and a further 12 assists in the Premier League last term, despite the club enduring a tepid season in which they claimed no trophies and failed to qualify the Champions League.

And in the Reds’ season opener against Chelsea, Salah struggled to impact the game and was replaced by youngster Ben Doak. While walking off the field the Egyptian was visibly frustrated.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Football, Transfers, Premier League, Mohamed Salah, Saudi Pro League, Liverpool, Cristiano Ronaldo

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • X
    an hour ago

    Fans baffled after penalty becomes opposition free-kick before ball is kicked

    The incident happened during a National League match on Tuesday (February 17).

    Football
  • CBS Sports - Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Tunnel footage from Benfica vs Real Madrid emerges after claims of fight

    Benfica president Rui Costa could be seen in the clip.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    UEFA take action after Vini Jr and Gianluca Prestianni incident in new statement

    Real Madrid's Champions League play-off first leg against Benfica was stopped for 10 minutes after Vinicius flagged alleged racist abuse.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    UEFA set precedent on racial abuse punishment amid Gianluca Prestianni incident

    Gianluca Prestianni was accused of making a racist remark against Real Madrid star Vinicius Jr in Champions League clash.

    Football
  • BREAKING: Neymar officially signs for Al Hilal
  • Cristiano Ronaldo's daughter spotted wearing Mohamed Salah shirt amid Saudi Pro League transfer rumours
  • Every Saudi Pro League match to be shown live this season as new UK broadcast deal confirmed
  • Neymar's Saudi Pro League contract to rival Cristiano Ronaldo as massive wages revealed