sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Man City handed huge boost in race to sign Bayern Munich star, it could happen next summer
Home>Football>Transfer News
Published 13:26 15 Sep 2024 GMT+1

Man City handed huge boost in race to sign Bayern Munich star, it could happen next summer

Pep Guardiola's side are in pole position to land the £120m-rated attacker.

John McDougall

John McDougall

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester City have a wealth of attacking talent on their books and could strengthen even further in this area of the squad by taking advantage of a contract standoff at Bayern Munich.

Pep Guardiola's side have the mercurial Erling Haaland as the spearhead of their attack, the Norwegian have scored nine goals in just four Premier League games so far this season, netting both goals in Saturday's 2-1 victory at the Etihad Stadium against Brentford.

Despite selling Julian Alvarez this summer to Atletico Madrid for a deal worth up to £81.8m, City still have a wealth of attacking talents in the squad.

Advert

Jack Grealish, Bernardo Silva, Jeremy Doku, Kevin De Bruyne and Phil Foden are among the extraordinary talents Guardiola can call upon in the final third, while Ilkay Gundogan rejoined the club this summer just a year after leaving for Barcelona.

It was a relatively quiet transfer window for City this summer, which saw only two arrivals in the form of Gundogan joining the club for a second time and the acquisition of Savinho from French side Troyes.

It was a much busier summer on the outgoings front with the likes of Alvarez and Joao Cancelo leaving, as well as fees being brought in for youngsters Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Liam Delap and Tommy Doyle.

Bayern Munich's Jamal Musiala. (
Getty)

But all clubs have one eye on the future and it seems City are no different, with the potential to take advantage of a contract standoff at another one of Europe's elite sides with an exciting attacking talent.

According to the Mirror via the Daily Express, Jamal Musiala has turned down the latest contract offer Bayern Munich have made to him.

The 21-year-old Germany international has two years left to run on his latest deal, which expires in the summer of 2026.

It is reported that Musiala wants wages of £300,000 a week to sign fresh terms at the Allianz Arena.

Vincent Komnpany's side are said to value Musiala - who has scored 45 goals in 167 games for Bayern - at around £120m.

But should Musiala not pen fresh terms, the German side will be faced next summer with the prospect of having to sell the attacker or risk him leaving for free in 2026.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Jamal Musiala, Manchester City, Manchester City Transfer News & Rumours, Transfer News, Transfers, Football

John McDougall
John McDougall

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Three uncapped England players will travel with World Cup squad despite not being picked

    Tuchel has named his 26-man squad, but three extra names will travel to North America.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Palmer, Foden, Bellingham and Rogers stats compared and England must put faith in one man

    Thomas Tuchel has only brought two number tens to the World Cup, but did he make the right choice looking at the stats?

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Jordan Henderson stat emerges after being included in England squad and it looks like a typo

    The experienced midfielder has beaten the likes of Adam Wharton and James Garner to the squad without much game time

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Marcus Rashford appears to aim dig at Man Utd after receiving England World Cup call-up

    Rashford is currently on loan at Barcelona from Manchester United.

    Football
  • Man City handed second blow as player decides to leave with Pep Guardiola
  • Shock Man City star 'offered to' Real Madrid ahead of Jose Mourinho appointment
  • Pep Guardiola next job odds: Shock favourite emerges as potential next move
  • Liverpool 'join race' to sign shock former Man Utd target who could be the bargain of the summer