sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Man Utd enter race to sign 'future Ballon d'Or winner' who ripped rivals Liverpool apart
Home>Football>Transfer News
Updated 14:06 9 Jan 2025 GMTPublished 13:48 9 Jan 2025 GMT

Man Utd enter race to sign 'future Ballon d'Or winner' who ripped rivals Liverpool apart

Could Manchester United add to their squad in the January transfer window?

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester United have reportedly shown interest in signing a star player dubbed a future Ballon d'Or winner.

It has so far been a tough season for the Red Devils after their dreadful start left them trailing far behind their main rivals.

Currently, United are 13th in the Premier League table, 13 points behind fourth-placed Chelsea and 23 adrift of leaders Liverpool.

Advert

The 24/25 campaign also saw the end of Erik ten Hag's reign at Old Trafford, with highly-rated Portuguese Ruben Amorim taking over from the Dutchman.

Since the 39-year-old took over, United have recorded some big wins but have also suffered disappointing defeats.

Manchester United linked with a move for 'future Ballon d'Or winner'

With the January transfer window now open, it has been claimed that United have entered the race to sign Napoli star Khvicha Kvaratskhelia.

As reported by French news outlet L'Equipe, Paris Saint Germain face competition from United to sign the 23-year-old, who has impressed in Naples.

Kvaratskhelia is one of the most sought-after players in world football and has been tipped to become a future winner of the Ballon d'Or.

Speaking in 2023, Kvaratskhelia's Napoli teammate Victor Osimhen said: "Everyone loves him in the dressing room, not only for what he does on the pitch but also for what he does off the pitch.

"I believe he can win the Ballon d'Or in the next few years, I hope he also brings many successes to Napoli."

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia has been linked with a move to Old Trafford. Image: Getty
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia has been linked with a move to Old Trafford. Image: Getty

However, transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano delivered an update on the Georgian on Thursday, which could be bad news for United, he wrote on social media: "Khvicha Kvaratskhelia has definitely opened doors to January exit. PSG, on it. Paris Saint-Germain, favorites and in direct contact with Napoli — as revealed today.

"Package around €80m discussed while Kvara’s camp in talks with PSG over personal terms, progressing well."

Kvaratskhelia has previously shown that he could produce the goods at the top level, with Liverpool being his victim in the Champions League back in 2022.

Napoli beat Jurgen Klopp's Reds 4-1 with Kvaratskhelia impressing after causing the Liverpool defence all sorts of trouble during the match.

Speaking about Kvaratskhelia, Klopp said at the time: "He’s a good player. Really quick and you have to defend him together in these moments. When he has the advantage of the first movement, then he is already gone.

"You have to try to be there in the moment when the ball arrives, but if you cannot do that then you need to be protected because he has speed, he is cheeky, he goes inside, he can go outside, that makes it always really difficult."

United will return to action this weekend when they begin their defence of the FA Cup against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Football, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, Liverpool, Manchester United, Napoli, Champions League

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

26 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty
    26 mins ago

    Liverpool consider U-turn to sack Arne Slot after Mo Salah comments, with FOUR replacements considered

    Liverpool hero Salah criticised the team's style of play after Aston Villa defeat, piling yet more pressure on Slot

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    23-year-old footballer speaks publicly after being stabbed seven times in Huntingdon train attack

    Jonathan Gjoshe was seriously injured in the knife attack in November 2025

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Jose Mourinho has already identified his first major signing for Real Madrid and it would be huge

    Mourinho is on the verge of becoming Real Madrid manager for a second time.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Casemiro's name is purposefully spelt wrong on the back of his Man Utd shirt

    The Brazilian says he is a superstitious person.

    Football
  • Ruben Amorim promotes four Man Utd wonderkids to first-team for Arsenal clash as £500k signing recalled
  • Virgil van Dijk's warning to Liverpool players picked up by tunnel cameras before Man Utd clash
  • Liverpool fans tell Darwin Nunez to 'read the room' after noticing his gesture as he left the pitch following Man Utd draw
  • Fans claim VAR failed to spot ‘blatant’ penalty in 63rd minute of Liverpool vs Man Utd game