sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Liverpool finally set to complete first signing of Arne Slot era as Fabrizio Romano confirms transfer is happening
Home>Football>Transfer News
Updated 09:34 31 Jul 2024 GMT+1Published 09:35 31 Jul 2024 GMT+1

Liverpool finally set to complete first signing of Arne Slot era as Fabrizio Romano confirms transfer is happening

Liverpool are set to make their first signing of the summer transfer window.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Liverpool are reportedly inching closer to announcing their first signing of the summer.

With the transfer window in full swing, clubs around the continent have been working around the clock to improve their squads.

However, at Anfield, it has been a quiet window so far as Liverpool are the only Premier League side yet to bring in any new players.

Advert

After the end of the season, the likes of Joel Matip, Thiago Alcantara and Adrian all left the club.

Since then, they have been linked with the likes of Leny Yoro, Adrien Rabiot, Anthony Gordon and Goncalo Inacio.

On Tuesday night, transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano confirmed that Liverpool are set to confirm the signing of Rio Ngumoha.

He wrote on social media: “Liverpool are finally set to complete PL 5 step investigation process for Rio Ngumoha to join the club.

“2008 born talent has already agreed to the move after he left Chelsea, as revealed weeks ago. Exclusive story, set to be officially confirmed by #LFC soon.”

Last week, Liverpool kicked off their pre-season tour of the United States with a 1-0 win over Real Betis thanks to a goal by Dominik Szoboszlai.

Image
Getty

Speaking after the match, Reds boss Arne Slot said: “I think there were a few positive things and, of course, a few things we have to improve.

“But the positive thing is that we kept a clean sheet. I think we only conceded one big chance and that was somewhere around the last 10 minutes of the game.”

The Dutchman added: “So we controlled the game really well and in between we had a few good attacks where we created a few good chances and scored a good goal. Those were the positives from this game.”

Liverpool will take on Arsenal on Wednesday before facing Manchester United this weekend.

Featured Image Credit: Getty/Fabrizio Romano

Topics: Liverpool, Fabrizio Romano, Football, Liverpool Transfer News & Rumours, Arne Slot

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Tottenham captain Cristian Romero will not be in attendance for final game against Everton

    Romero is being heavily criticised for his actions.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Harry Maguire's mum and brother slam Thomas Tuchel decision after England World Cup snub

    Maguire says he is "shocked" and "gutted" by Tuchel's call.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    A list of players who have been left out of England's World Cup squad by the ruthless Thomas Tuchel

    Tuchel is also being criticised for some of his selections.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football
  • Fabrizio Romano Reveals Liverpool Decision on Arne Slot Future After Latest Loss
  • Liverpool fans demand Arne Slot is sacked with millions signing viral petition
  • Arne Slot replacement odds slashed after Xabi Alonso joins Chelsea with new favourite named
  • Liverpool star hits out at fans for booing Arne Slot decision against Chelsea