sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Fabrizio Romano reveals what he has heard about ‘operation Joao Felix’ amid Liverpool links
Home>Football>Transfer News
Published 10:48 30 Aug 2023 GMT+1

Fabrizio Romano reveals what he has heard about ‘operation Joao Felix’ amid Liverpool links

Liverpool have recently been linked with a move for Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano has given an update on what he has heard about Joao Felix’s future amid Liverpool links.

So far this summer, Liverpool have been focussed on adding to their midfielder after losing the likes of Jordan Henderson, Fabinho, James Milner, Alex Oxalde Chamberlain and Naby Keita.

The Anfield club have brought in Alexis Mac Allister, Dominik Szoboszlai and Wataru Endo.

Advert

However, over the last week, Liverpool fans have been rocked by the news that Saudi Professional League side Al Ittihad are seriously interested in signing Mohamed Salah before the transfer window shuts.

Since the news broke, Liverpool have been linked with a move for Atletico Madrid star Felix, who spent the last part of the 22/23 season on loan at Chelsea.

Now, transfer guru Romano has given an update on Felix’s future.

He wrote on social media: “Barcelona are prepared to activate the ‘operation João Félix’ in the next 48h — board working to find a solution to make it happen with FFP.

“João, only waiting for Barça since that interview in July. He’d only consider other clubs or Saudi if Barça deal collapses.”


Despite the continued links with Saudi Arabia, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has said that Salah is not for sale.

He said: “Yes (there isn't anything to talk about).

“It's difficult to talk about media stories as there's nothing to talk about from our point of view. Mo Salah is a Liverpool player. There's nothing there. If there was something the answer would be no (he's not for sale).”

After the victory against Newcastle on Sunday, Klopp was told the Salah story ‘hadn’t gone away’.

The German said: “For me, it has.”

Image
Getty

With just two days left of the summer transfer window, it seems extremely unlikely that Liverpool will sanction the sale of Salah.

Liverpool will be back in Premier League action this weekend as they take on Aston Villa on Sunday.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Liverpool, Mohamed Salah, Joao Felix, Fabrizio Romano, Liverpool Transfer News & Rumours, Atletico Madrid, Football

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

8 hours ago
9 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    Final Champions League spot could be decided by play-off as unthinkable scenario unfolds

    This has never happened before, but it's genuinely possible with a game left to play in the Premier League.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    Declan Rice has the coldest response to Arsenal’s first Premier League title win in 22 years

    Arsenal are the 2026 Premier League champions and Rice made sure to celebrate.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    9 hours ago

    'I've studied Pep for a while' - Micah Richards reacts to Pep Guardiola's response to exit rumours

    Richards also said Manchester City's players went against the club's ethos as they surrendered the Premier League title to Arsenal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    9 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola responds to rumours he will leave Manchester City after Premier League title loss

    The Manchester City boss has finally broken his silence on the rumours.

    Football
  • Mo Salah 'likely' to leave Liverpool 'this week' as journalist drops transfer bombshell
  • Fabrizio Romano reveals what he's heard about Liverpool's bid to sign Khephren Thuram and Manu Kone
  • Fabrizio Romano reveals what he's heard about Mo Salah as 'Al Ittihad contract agreed'
  • Fabrizio Romano provides Ryan Gravenberch transfer update amid Man Utd and Liverpool interest