sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Erling Haaland becomes 'number one target' for Champions League giants in blockbuster deal that has come out of nowhere
Home>Football>Transfer News
Published 10:16 26 Apr 2025 GMT+1

Erling Haaland becomes 'number one target' for Champions League giants in blockbuster deal that has come out of nowhere

The Manchester City forward is reportedly attracting interest from another elite club.

Luke Davies

Luke Davies

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester City forward Erling Haaland is reportedly attracting interest from an elite European club despite signing a new ten-year contract at the Premier League champions in January.

Haaland, 24, is currently out with an ankle injury, which he sustained during the FA Cup quarter-final victory at Bournemouth on March 31.

However, the Norwegian striker has still managed to register 30 goals and four assists in 40 appearances this term - despite Man City not being at their best for most of the 2024/25 campaign.

And since arriving at Pep Guardiola’s side in the summer of 2022, Haaland has netted 120 times in his 138 appearances, making him one of the most ruthless goal scorers in Europe.

Advert

His consistently impressive performances have reportedly attracted the interest of an elite European club, as reported by The Athletic.

The report claims that if Vinicius Junior leaves Real Madrid, amid interest from Saudi Arabian clubs, that “[Florentino] Perez’s No 1 target to replace him would be the City striker Erling Haaland, even though the Norway international signed a contract in January that runs until 2034”.

Los Blancos were one of several clubs interested in signing Haaland from Borussia Dortmund before the forward joined City almost three years ago.

Erling Haaland is currently out injured (Credit:Getty)
Erling Haaland is currently out injured (Credit:Getty)

However, The Athletic’s piece goes on to explain how Vini Jr’s entourage remains “calm about the situation” with the player said to be “relaxed” about his future.

What has Erling Haaland said about his future?

Haaland isn't one to speak openly about his future but he did reveal how it was an "easy decision" to pen a new deal at City earlier this year.

"In the end, speaking with the people I spoke with, the hunger and the support that I have been getting for the last couple of years from the board, from the bosses and from Pep, it was an easy decision, " said Haaland in January.

"I am delighted. When I spoke to Pep, the best manager in the world, it is also a great thing to speak with him and to train and play under him every single day.

"To get his input on me and how I can become a better footballer and to develop even more. He is the best.

"Of course, you are here to win trophies, here to perform, here to be at your best and to deliver at your best. That is what you have to do here because you come here, people expect you to win trophies and that is why you are here.”

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Erling Haaland, Manchester City, Real Madrid, Vinicius Junior, Football, Premier League, Champions League

Luke Davies
Luke Davies

Journalist with expertise covering football, cricket, boxing and MMA.

X

@lukedaviesmedia

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

20 mins ago
an hour ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    20 mins ago

    Tottenham captain Cristian Romero will not be in attendance for final game against Everton

    Romero is being heavily criticised for his actions.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Harry Maguire's mum and brother slam Thomas Tuchel decision after England World Cup snub

    Maguire says he is "shocked" and "gutted" by Tuchel's call.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    A list of players who have been left out of England's World Cup squad by the ruthless Thomas Tuchel

    Tuchel is also being criticised for some of his selections.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football
  • Viktor Gyokeres 'demands agent negotiate with one club ahead of everyone else' as Sporting transfer saga takes shock twist
  • Real Madrid star slams Arsenal in incredibly salty interview after their Champions League defeat
  • Erling Haaland signs one of the longest contracts in football history as Man City tie striker down to historic deal
  • Real Madrid 'reach agreement' for Arsenal star just days after Champions League exit