sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Chelsea transfer 'collapses' as Fabrizio Romano confirms it's '100 per cent off' in headache for Enzo Maresca
Home>Football>Transfer News
Published 07:36 30 Aug 2024 GMT+1

Chelsea transfer 'collapses' as Fabrizio Romano confirms it's '100 per cent off' in headache for Enzo Maresca

Fabrizio Romano has confirmed the deal is off.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Chelsea have suffered a blow in their transfer plans with Fabrizio Romano confirming one deal is 100 per cent off.

So far, the Blues have had a manic transfer window as they look to provide new manager Enzo Maresca with a squad capable of challenging at the top.

Chelsea have already signed Pedro Neto, Joao Felix, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Filip Jorgensen, Omari Kellyman, Mike Penders, Aaron Anselmino, Renato Veiga, Caleb Wiley, Marc Guiu and Tosin Adarabioyo.

Advert

On the back of bringing in a host of new players, the Blues have also offloaded the likes of Ian Maatsen, Conor Gallagher, Lewis Hall, Omari Hutchinson, Diego Moreira, Tino Anjorin and Kepa Arrizabalaga.

However, ahead of transfer deadline day, Chelsea have suffered a huge blow in their bid to part ways with striker Armando Broja.

The Albanian had been linked with a move to newly-promoted Premier League outfit Ipswich Town.

However, Romano took to social media to reveal that the deal is now dead.

He wrote: “Armando Broja’s move to Ipswich Town is 100% off and collapsed. He’s back to Chelsea now.”

As reported by the BBC, Ipswich had initially agreed to take Broja on loan with an obligation to buy the 22-year-old for £30 million.

However, during the medical, an issue was raised which led to the deal being called off.

During the 23/24 season, Broja made 19 appearances for Chelsea and scored twice before spending the second half of the campaign on loan at Fulham.

Image
Getty

On Thursday night, Chelsea secured their place in the UEFA Conference League after beating Swiss side Servette on aggregate.

The Blues fell to a 2-1 defeat on the night but advanced after winning 2-0 in the first leg.

Speaking after the match, Blues boss Maresca said: “In the first half-an-hour we scored the goal and had three or four more chances. If we had been able to score again it would have been finished because we won 2-0 in the first leg.

“This kind of game, at the end you have many things to lose and not many things to win. That is why I was so worried before the game but the way we started, the way we played in the first half-an-hour was unbelievable. On the ball we were very good. Then we conceded a goal and it became a bit more difficult.”

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Chelsea, Chelsea Transfer News & Rumours, Armando Broja, Ipswich Town, Football, Fabrizio Romano

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

6 mins ago
an hour ago
  • Getty Images
    6 mins ago

    West Ham player has told Nuno Espirito Santo he will 'never play for him again' amid Premier League relegation

    West Ham's situation goes from bad to worse.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Aston Villa win over Man City secures Champions League qualification for another club

    Villa's victory has had a knock-on effect on the 2026/27 Champions League.

    Football
  • Manchester City
    an hour ago

    Joe Hart responds after Pep Guardiola mentioned him when speaking about his biggest regret at Man City

    Pep Guardiola spoke about the one regret he has 'hid deep inside for many years'.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    West Ham relegation creates piece of English football history not seen in 138 years

    West Ham have been relegated from the Premier League on the final day of the season.

    Football
  • Chelsea fans demand the club make one signing tomorrow after witnessing Servette disasterclass
  • Transfer expert Fabrizio Romano revealed his daily screen time and fans couldn't believe it
  • Chelsea transfer collapses at last minute but Fabrizio Romano immediately drops bombshell on stunning new target
  • Man Utd draw up three-man transfer shortlist ahead of January as Fabrizio Romano confirms talks held