sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Arsenal draw up two-man shortlist after devastating Gabriel Jesus injury blow as £66m player targeted
Home>Football>Transfer News
Published 10:33 14 Jan 2025 GMT

Arsenal draw up two-man shortlist after devastating Gabriel Jesus injury blow as £66m player targeted

Gabriel Jesus suffered an injury during Arsenal's FA Cup defeat by Manchester United.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Arsenal have reportedly drawn up a two-man transfer shortlist as Gabriel Jesus is set for an extended spell on the touchline.

On Sunday afternoon, Jesus started for Arsenal as they took on Manchester United in the third round of the FA Cup at the Emirates Stadium.

However, the Brazilian's match was cut short after he was forced off with what looked like a serious injury in the 40th minute, Englishman Raheem Sterling came on in his place.

Arsenal were eventually beaten by United on penalties after the match ended in a 1-1 draw.

Advert

Since then, the Gunners have been left sweating over the severity of Jesus' injury.

On Tuesday morning, The Athletic's David Ornstein reported that Jesus had ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament.

He wrote on social media: "Gabriel Jesus set for long spell out with suspected ACL rupture. Further specialist reviews on 27yo striker planned today to establish full extent.

"Arsenal open to doing business - overseas loans seem most likely route for AFC at present."

On the back of the latest development, it has been claimed that Arsenal have two strikers on their radar.

Arsenal draw up two-man shortlist after Gabriel Jesus injury

As reported by Caught Offside, Arsenal are interested in signing Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic on loan.

Dusan Vlahovic has been linked with a move to Arsenal. Image: Getty
Dusan Vlahovic has been linked with a move to Arsenal. Image: Getty

The 24-year-old was linked with a move to North London back in 2022 before he joined Juventus for a reported fee of £66.6 million.

So far, Vlahovic has scored 53 goals in 124 matches for the Turin club.

Aside from the Serbian, Arsenal are also said to be interested in Marseille forward Elye Wahi.

The 22-year-old is seen as a potential alternative to Vlahovic but is also being tracked by fellow Premier League side West Ham United.

In the 24/25 season, Wahi has scored three goals and assisted one in 14 appearances across all competitions.

Arsenal are also said to be interested in Marseille star Elye Wahi. Image: Getty
Arsenal are also said to be interested in Marseille star Elye Wahi. Image: Getty

Arsenal are back in Premier League action on Wednesday night when they host bitter rivals Tottenham Hotspur at the Emirates Stadium.

Speaking ahead of the match, Mikel Arteta said: "We are actively looking in the market to improve the squad. We are on it.

"Unfortunately, Gabriel Jesus’ injury is not looking good… we are very worried, waiting for the final report."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Arsenal, Champions League, Football, Gabriel Jesus, Dusan Vlahovic, Marseille, Juventus

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

8 hours ago
9 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    Final Champions League spot could be decided by play-off as unthinkable scenario unfolds

    This has never happened before, but it's genuinely possible with a game left to play in the Premier League.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    Declan Rice has the coldest response to Arsenal’s first Premier League title win in 22 years

    Arsenal are the 2026 Premier League champions and Rice made sure to celebrate.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    9 hours ago

    'I've studied Pep for a while' - Micah Richards reacts to Pep Guardiola's response to exit rumours

    Richards also said Manchester City's players went against the club's ethos as they surrendered the Premier League title to Arsenal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    9 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola responds to rumours he will leave Manchester City after Premier League title loss

    The Manchester City boss has finally broken his silence on the rumours.

    Football
  • Gabriel becomes first Arsenal player to post message to fans on social media after crushing Man Utd defeat
  • Reporter sat behind Mikel Arteta reveals the two Arsenal players he ‘exploded’ at during Brighton draw
  • Gabriel becomes first Arsenal player to post message to fans on social media after crushing Man Utd defeat
  • Mikel Arteta set to use Arsenal player in extraordinary swap deal and secure huge transfer