sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Sadio Mane spent an hour chatting to 20-year-old Wolfsberger player in hospital after knee surgery
Home>Football
Published 12:52 23 Nov 2022 GMT

Sadio Mane spent an hour chatting to 20-year-old Wolfsberger player in hospital after knee surgery

Mane is missing the World Cup due to a knee injury.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Sadio Mane spent an hour chatting to 20-year-old Wolfsberger player Maxi Scharfetter as the Bayern Munich man recovered in hospital after knee surgery.

Mane suffered the injury during Bayern’s 6-1 win over Werder Bremen but was included in Senegal’s 26-man World Cup squad. However, a few days before their first match, it was confirmed that Mane will not be able to play in the tournament as his injury required surgery.

Now, Mane has successfully undergone surgery and met with young Wolfsberger player Scharfetter, who was in the same hospital as the Senegal star.

Scharfetter said: “I had surgery on Thursday and in the evening I saw on Instagram that Sadio Mané was in the same clinic as me.

Advert

“We talked for probably an hour, Mané is such a nice person. He said that my injury would only make me stronger and that I should give 110%. The last thing he said was: Maybe we'll play a Champions League final together.”

Fans were quick to praise the former Liverpool man on social media.

One fan said: “Mane is such a class and humble guy man, can’t hate him.”

Another commented: “If you hate Mane, there’s something wrong with you.”

A third fan added: “Mane is such a class act, it is impossible to dislike the man.”

Bayern released a statement last week after Mane’s surgery, it read: “Sadio Mane underwent successful surgery in Innsbruck by Prof Christian Fink and Dr Andy Williams from London on Thursday evening.

“During the operation, a tendon was reattached to the head of his right fibula. The Bayern forward will therefore no longer be available to play for Senegal at the World Cup and will begin his rehab in Munich in the next few days.”

Senegal played their World Cup opener on Monday against the Netherlands, despite a strong effort, two late goals from Cody Gakpo and Davy Klassen secured a 2-0 win for Louis van Gaal’s side.

Next up for Senegal will be Qatar on Friday.

Featured Image Credit: Instagram/@maxischarfetter7, @sadiomaneofficiel

Topics: Sadio Mane, Bayern Munich, Senegal

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

7 mins ago
28 mins ago
an hour ago
  • Getty Images
    7 mins ago

    Thomas Tuchel makes Kobbie Mainoo decision ahead of squad announcement as Adam Wharton spot 'in doubt'

    The England boss has been cutthroat in his squad, as one midfielder is set to miss out

    Football
  • Getty
    28 mins ago

    Next Southampton manager odds emerge as shock candidate linked with job after emergency meeting

    Tonda Eckert is under pressure to keep his job at Southampton after accepting responsibility over the spygate scandal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Harry Maguire left 'shocked' by England World Cup snub as Thomas Tuchel 'strongly considers' surprise call up

    Tuchel will name his 26-man England squad on Friday.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Xabi Alonso's response when asked about future of three Chelsea players on live TV

    New Chelsea boss Xabi Alonso discussed the situation of three players during an impromptu interview on live TV.

    Football
  • Sadio Mane Explains Why He Refused to Walk Off the Pitch With Senegal Teammates
  • Sadio Mane Confused Absolutely Everybody In New Interview Addressing His Future
  • BREAKING: Sadio Mane ‘out of the World Cup’ after injury suffered during Bayern Munich vs Werder Bremen
  • Sadio Mane Is Transforming His Childhood Village In Senegal With So Many Incredible Gestures