sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Question About Manchester City Made Diego Simeone Walk Out Of Press Conference
Home>Football
Published 16:14 14 Apr 2022 GMT+1

Question About Manchester City Made Diego Simeone Walk Out Of Press Conference

Simeone wasn't happy at all with his side's loss to Manchester City in the Champions League and he walked out on his post match presser.

Ryan Sidle

Ryan Sidle

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Diego Simeone was so annoyed with a post match press conference about Manchester City and the Champions League that he walked out.

It was not a good night on Wednesday for Simeone, as his Atletico Madrid side were knocked out at the quarter final stage of the Champions League.

His side seemed to completely fall apart in the latter stages of the game at the Wanda Metropolitano, as Felipe was sent off and a fight even broke out in the tunnel afterwards.

Advert

Simeone is well known for his usual antics on the touchline but even that failed to rile City up, as Phil Foden had the perfect response to the Argentine.

The Atleti manager would have already been in a foul mood but one journalist managed to annoy him so much with a question that he walked out of the post match press conference, as you can see in the video below.

City's win in the tie, which came via Foden's goal late in the first leg last week, after the game in Madrid ended 0-0, earned them a place in the Champions League semi final for just the third time.

They will face Atletico's local rivals Real Madrid, after Karim Benzema's brilliant extra time winner against Chelsea, and the thought of giving the Bernabeu side help is what angered the Atleti boss.

"Is it very cheeky for me to ask you if you could give Real Madrid some advice on how to defeat City?" the journalist at the post match press conference asked.

Before getting up and leaving the room, the 51-year-old said, "No, I would never dare to do that," and then stood up and left the room immediately.

Simeone was literally in the middle of the arguments on Wednesday night. Image: PA Images
Simeone was literally in the middle of the arguments on Wednesday night. Image: PA Images

Whilst it was the Spanish side on the end of much of the criticism, especially in England, the team's captain Koke accused City of gamesmanship.

Speaking after the game the midfielder said, "Many times we are Atletico who are criticised and today we are proud of what the team has done.

"We wanted to be in the semis, we are hurt, but proud of this Champions League and we will never stop believing. Now to focus on La Liga to get into the Champions League."

Featured Image Credit: Hayters

Topics: Diego Simeone, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Champions League, La Liga, Premier League

Ryan Sidle
Ryan Sidle

Ryan is a journalist for SPORTbible with over eight years of experience. Passionate about all sports, he mainly covers football and F1 - Daniel Ricciardo once spent an entire interview referring to him as 'Ryan Gosling,' still his proudest moment.

X

@Sidler28

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • Diego Simeone clashes with Arsenal director in tense end to Champions League semi-final
  • Liverpool Fan Who Rattled Diego Simeone Speaks Out After Heated Altercation
  • Liverpool Fan Involved in Diego Simeone Incident Makes Serious Allegation About Atletico Coach
  • Diego Simeone Faces UEFA Punishment After Liverpool Fan Clash

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    PGMO reveal whether Man Utd 'handball' against Nottingham Forest was the wrong decision as update issued

    Bryan Mbeumo handball should have seen Man Utd goal disallowed, admits referees' body

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Spain rocked by fresh World Cup injury worry involving key star as Lamine Yamal set to miss opener

    Yet another selection headache for Luis de la Fuente ahead of the announcement of his 26-man squad on May 25.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Champions League matches could soon be broadcast for FREE with talks 'very close to being finalised'

    The biggest competition in club football could soon be shown for free.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Celtic could be handed points deduction for next season as former official gives his take on situation

    A large number of Celtic fans invaded the pitch during their final game of the season against Hearts.

    Football