sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Victor Osimhen makes transfer admission after declaring he knows his next move
Home>Football>Premier League
Published 17:47 23 Jan 2024 GMT

Victor Osimhen makes transfer admission after declaring he knows his next move

Napoli forward Victor Osimhen has admitted to having a "plan" at the end of the season.

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen has opened up on his summer transfer plans as he continues to be linked with a big-money move to the Premier League.

Osimhen, who has scored nine goals in all competitions this season, has been strongly linked with a move to one of Europe's top teams.

Chelsea are widely reported to be one of those interested in the Nigeria international alongside Premier League rivals Arsenal.

Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain also joined the hunt to sign Osimhen last summer but a move to England's top flight has been touted for some time.

Advert

In fact, the 25-year-old mentioned those recurring Premier League links in an interview with CBS Sports on Tuesday, where he admitted to having a "plan".

Speaking on the Morning Footy show, he said: "“I have already made my decision on the next step to do at the end of the season.

“I already made up my mind. I already have my plan, I know what I want to do, the next step I want to take."

Osimhen added: "I think 60% of the people mention the rumours about me linked with the Premier League. The Premier League is one of the biggest leagues in the world.

“I want to finish the season with Napoli strong then come up with the decision I've already made."

After Nigeria's opener against Equatorial Guinea earlier this month, the striker was once again asked about a potential move to the Premier League.

“Of course one day, definitely, but for now I have other plans in my career I am looking forward to," he told reporters. “When the time comes, everyone will know.”

Image credit: Getty
Image credit: Getty

Osimhen's latest interview comes just days after he called Khvicha Kvaratskhelia’s agent a "piece of filth" and a "disgrace" after he commented on the player's future.

Mamuka Jugeli, who is Kvaratskhelia's representative, claimed Napoli's number nine would join a Saudi Pro League club next summer during a recent interview with Georgian media 1Tv.

“Dear Mamuka Jugeli, you are a piece of filth and a disgrace," Osimhen wrote on Instagram. "I'm embarrassed at your sense of reasoning. Dumb f***. KEEP MY NAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!".

Featured Image Credit: CBS Sports - Getty Images

Topics: Napoli, Transfers, Premier League, Arsenal, Chelsea

Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare is the Senior Journalist for SPORTbible, one of the world’s biggest social publishers. He specialises in long-form feature writing and has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day. He has a BA (Hons) in Journalism and News Practice.

X

@jackkenmare_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

4 hours ago
5 hours ago
7 hours ago
8 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Tottenham captain Cristian Romero will not be in attendance for final game against Everton

    Romero is being heavily criticised for his actions.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Harry Maguire's mum and brother slam Thomas Tuchel decision after England World Cup snub

    Maguire says he is "shocked" and "gutted" by Tuchel's call.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    A list of players who have been left out of England's World Cup squad by the ruthless Thomas Tuchel

    Tuchel is also being criticised for some of his selections.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football
  • Xabi Alonso chooses his next club amid interest from Chelsea and Liverpool
  • Kylian Mbappe linked with shock Premier League move after Real Madrid fallout
  • Xavi Simons 'rejects' Bayern Munich after asking for Premier League move and knows the club he wants to join
  • Man Utd's move for next big target after Benjamin Sesko receives huge boost as transfer announced