sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Joao Felix's time at Atletico is over, he's aimed a dig at Simeone and it will be the final straw
Home>Football
Updated 16:59 7 Dec 2022 GMTPublished 15:20 7 Dec 2022 GMT

Joao Felix's time at Atletico is over, he's aimed a dig at Simeone and it will be the final straw

The Portuguese star could leave the club as early as January

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Joao Felix’s career at Atletico Madrid could be coming to a bitter end as he appeared to take aim at manager Diego Simeone after Portugal’s 6-1 win over Switzerland on Tuesday night.

The 23-year-old produced a stellar performance as he helped his side secure a place in the World Cup quarter-finals.

After the match, Felix spoke about the difference in style between his international team and his club, appearing to take an aim at Simeone’s well-known defensive style of play.

Advert

ā€œThe way you play here and at the club are different,ā€ he told the Portuguese channel Spor TV.

ā€œWhen the conditions are favourable, things go better. The preparation was the same as the other games. We saw what was best and worst and played because of that, not losing our identity. We played a great game, perhaps the best so far.

ā€œWe are focused and believe completely in us. I hope it’s been shown that we have a great team, we know what we want. We have the support of everyone, and won’t be held back.ā€

According to transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano, Felix said: ā€œI'm completely focused on the World Cup. My agent doesn't tell me anything about what's going to happen, nor does he want to.

ā€œI need to be focused on the now to play a great tournament.ā€

Joao Felix's future at Atletico Madrid is up in the air.
Alamy

This comes after Atletico CEO, Miguel Angel Gil Marin, spoke about the gamble they made on Felix by spending an eye-watering £113 million on him back in 2019, whilst also hinting an exit for Felix could be in the pipeline.

Marin told TVE: ā€œSigning him was the biggest bet the club has made in its history.

ā€œI think he is a top world-class player, but because of the relationship with the coach, his playing time, his motivation.ā€

He added: ā€œIt’d be reasonable to analyse an option for him to depart if one arrives. It’s reasonable to think that he might leave, although I’d love him to stay. But, that’s not the player’s idea.ā€

A host of big clubs around the continent will be queuing up to sign Felix as he is one of the highest-rated players in Europe. Interest from the Premier League will be strong too, with the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United all said to be keeping an eye on his situation.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics:Ā Joao Felix, Portugal, Diego Simeone, Atletico Madrid, Football

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ā€˜There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

5 hours ago
7 hours ago
8 hours ago
9 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Carlo Ancelotti announces 26-man Brazil World Cup squad as Neymar call made

    Brazil take on Morocco in their opening group match on June 13.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola to leave Manchester City after final game against Aston Villa as successor named

    Guardiola is expected to leave City after 10 seasons in charge.

    Football
  • Getty
    8 hours ago

    Croatia announce 26-man World Cup squad as decisions made on Modric and Gvardiol

    The European nation begin their tournament against England on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    9 hours ago

    Jamie Carragher reignites Mo Salah feud branding Liverpool man selfish live on MNF

    Salah demanded a return to 'heavy metal football' in an apparent parting swipe at Arne Slot

    Football
  • Vinicius Jr Fires Brutal Dig At Diego Simeone As Madrid Derby Row Escalates
  • Liverpool Fan Involved in Diego Simeone Incident Makes Serious Allegation About Atletico Coach
  • Diego Simeone involved in furious full-time altercation with Arsenal player
  • Diego Simeone Held Back by Security After Heated Moment With Liverpool Fans