Manchester United are reportedly chasing a deal to sign Diego Godin.
Jose Mourinho is hellbent on snapping up a new defender ahead of today's 5 pm transfer deadline.
A host of defenders have been linked with a summer move to Old Trafford.
We're talking Harry Maguire, Toby Alderweireld, Yerry Mina and even Kurt Zouma. And the club are now after Godin.
According to reports from Sky Sports, United have made contact with Atletico Madrid for the Uruguayan international.
Now we hear that @ManUtd have made an approach for Diego Godin of @atletienglish. Uruguayan defender.
- Jim White (@JimWhite) August 9, 2018
BREAKING: Sky sources: @ManUtd approach@atletienglish over possible signing of @diegogodin. #SSN pic.twitter.com/Sz7egaVLje
- Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) August 9, 2018
Manchester United have contacted Atletico Madrid over possible deadline day move for Uruguay centre back Diego Godin
- Kaveh Solhekol (@SkyKaveh) August 9, 2018
The 32-year-old has plied his trade in the Spanish capital since 2010 following a switch from Villarreal.
He's been an ever present, solidifying himself as one of the finest defenders in the world.
Further claims suggest he was a measly €20 million (£18 million) release clause, though there's serious doubt whether Diego Simeone will sell one of his main assets ahead of the new season.
Atletico Madrid have no intention of letting Diego Godin go at this point. Has a strong partnership with both Savic and Gimenez. Simeone confident of challenging for both LaLiga and Champions League. Won't allow his squad to be weakened after disastrous 2017 summer.
- Chris Winterburn (@cmwinterburn) August 9, 2018
AS reported earlier this summer that Diego Godín has a buyout clause of €20m, as he is entering the last year of his contract with Atlético Madrid. I would be less shocked if Atleti sold José María Giménez, who signed a deal until 2023 earlier this summer,than if they sell Godín
- Jonas Giæver (@CheGiaevara) August 9, 2018
Godin to United? Watch this space.
- Man United in talks with PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid over loan signing
- Diego Simeone Pelted With Missiles As He Ran Down The Tunnel After Atletico Madrid's Win Over Manchester United
- Manchester United won't be spending big at the end of the transfer window, with budget revealed
- Man Utd make contact with defender over January move as 'huge offer' considered