The soundtrack for the video is Outro's track called 'M83', that features the very apt lyrics: "I'll fight until the end," which perfectly sums up Gerrard's performances for his boyhood club.
Steven Gerrard - The art of what modern day CM's lack, aggressive tackling.
- - (@PassLikeThiago) December 18, 2021
Meanwhile the video also includes a crunching challenge made on international duty with England, as he lunges into Tom Hogli in a Euro 2012 warm-up friendly with Norway.
The video has been viewed more than 60,000 times at the time of writing and amassed more than 2,000 likes.
Some would get red cards these days but I'm sure he would've adapted his style. Lampard and Scholes couldn't match the defensive side of his game and physicality, he was an absolute monster.
- Raj Chohan (@rajsinghchohan) December 18, 2021
It also sparked an interesting debate on Twitter, with many fans believing that Gerrard's challenges would lead to a red card nowadays, despite getting the ball in more or less every tackle.
it's funny how there are compilations of his "mistakes" pic.twitter.com/PIhWH7trwb
- TOPA (@TOPAv05) December 18, 2021
There was also a tongue-in-cheek response, citing a famous anti-tackling quote from Paolo Maldini, before another used replied with a list of the Italian's defensive challenges.
Mike Dean watching this videopic.twitter.com/OMoW0DjacE
- Garvit Bhatia (@GarvitBhatia29) December 18, 2021
Meanwhile, footage of a lad at a rave brandishing red cards was posted with the caption: "Mike Dean watching this video." You've got to love social media!
Gerrard's tackling days are now long behind him though, as he continues to lead a revival in his new role as Aston Villa boss.
Gerrard was due to be in the dugout again on Saturday, but Villa's match against Burnley was postponed at the last moment because of an increased number of Covid cases reported in the squad on the morning of the game.
Villa's next scheduled fixture is on Boxing Day at home to Chelsea.
- Gerrard named former teammate who could succeed Klopp as Liverpool manager 'drops retirement hint'
- 'Agent Stevie' - Steven Gerrard makes personal plea to Jude Bellingham about Liverpool live on BT Sport
- Fans Think Peak Yaya Toure Was Better Than Steven Gerrard After Compilation Emerges
- 'Really excited' - Steven Gerrard gives seal of approval to Liverpool over future 'superstar'