Hector Bellerin has shared his candid thoughts on the Ukraine war, questioning why this conflict has received more attention than others.
The football world has shown its support for Ukraine after Vladimir Putin launched Russia's invasion of the country.
Though the lack of spotlight on the other wars going on in the world has been raised by Bellerin, who believes it's racist that other conflicts have been ignored.
:fire:Héctor Bellerín en Exclusiva:fire:
Uno de los jugadores más únicos que hemos entrevistado.
- La Media Inglesa (@LaMediaInglesa) March 22, 2022
"I don't know if it is because they are more like us or because the conflict can affect us more directly both economically and in terms of refugees."
The former Arsenal star continued by bringing up the wars in Palestine, Yemen and Iraq to reinforce his point.
"The Palestinian war has been completely silenced, no one speaks about it," he added.
"Yemen, Iraq... now Russia not being able to play in the World Cup is something that other countries have faced for many years."
Bellerin reckons the little coverage of other conflicts going on around the world is racist.
"It is racist to have turned a blind eye to other conflicts and now to have this position," he said.
"It also reflects a lack of empathy for the number of lives lost in many conflicts and we are prioritising those that are near to us."
Featured Image Credit: La Media Inglesa
- Fans Shocked At Hearing Hector Bellerin Speak Fluent Spanish After Just Six Months At Real Betis
- Hector Bellerin In Tears After Playing Final Home Game For Real Betis Before Returning To Arsenal
- Hector Bellerin Visits The Girl Who Made A Banner For Him And It's Brilliant
- Barcelona Offer Midfielder To Arsenal As Part Of Hector Bellerin Deal