Fans Have Voted For The Top 25 Football Stadiums In The World
The Cairo international stadium is the best football ground in the world according an online poll.
Spanish outlet MARCA have been encouraging fans to vote for what they deem to be the greatest arena for football games.
Readers have been able to upvote their favourite stadium and while the poll is still ongoing, it's already throwing up some very surprising results in the top 25.
For starters, at the time of writing, the Cairo international stadium is leading comfortably with over 100,000 votes. The 75,000 capacity stadium is home to Egyptian outfit Al Ahly and hosted last year's Africa Cup of Nations.
Anfield is the highest-ranked English stadium in eight place, a place above Signal Iduna Park - another ground known for its bubbling atmosphere on European night.
Wembley and Old Trafford are just outside the top in 12th and 13th respectively, with the San Siro deemed to be the 16th best stadium in the world.
Celtic Park squeezes into the top 20, while across the city the Ibrox Stadium just misses out.
Ajax's Johan Cruyff Arena is in 23rd, while interestingly the Tottenham Hotspur stadium is a place outside the top 25 after it was finally opened just over a year ago.
Here is the list in full at the time of writing:
1. Cairo International Stadium (Al Ahly)
2. Santiago Bernabeu (Real Madrid)
3. Nou Camp (FC Barcelona)
4. San Mames (Athletic Club)
5. Monumental de Chile (Colo Colo)
6. Wanda Metropolitano (Atletico Madrid)
7. La Bombonera (Atletico Madrid)
8. Anfield (Liverpool)
9. Signal Iduna Park (Borussia Dortmund)
10. Stade Olympique de Radès (Esperance Tunis)
11. Stade Mohamed V (Raja and Wydad Casablanca)
12. Wembley (England national team)
13. Old Trafford (Manchester United)
14. Stade Velodrome (Marseille)
15. Maracana (Flamengo and Fluminense)
16. San Siro (Inter and AC Milan)
17. Allianz Arena (Bayern Munich)
18. Azadi Stadium (Iran)
19. Celtic Park (Celtic)
20. Donbass Arena (Shakhtar Donetsk)
21. Ibrox Stadium
22. Estadio da Luz (Benfica)
23. Johan Cruyff Arena (Ajax and Netherlands national team)
24. Estadio Monumental (River Plate)
25. Estadio Azteca (Club America, Cruz Azul and Mexico national team)