sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
"What we're being told..." - Sky Sports reporter drops Man Utd takeover update with "crazy money" claim
Home>Football
Published 18:52 20 Feb 2023 GMT

"What we're being told..." - Sky Sports reporter drops Man Utd takeover update with "crazy money" claim

Sky Sports reporter Kaveh Solhekol has given the latest on a possible Man Utd takeover.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Sky Sports chief reporter Kaveh Solhekol has dropped the latest update on the status of the bidding process for Manchester United.

Last week, it was confirmed that two bids had been placed for the club, both from the foundation of Qatari investor Sheikh Jassim, and Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Ineos.

It is unclear at this stage as to how much each party has offered for United, although it was reported by The Sun that the club's current owners, the Glazer family, will refuse to sell for less than their £6 billion asking price.

If that asking price is met, the sale of United would be the biggest ever, in terms of cost, for a sports franchise, beating the £4.25 billion that a Todd Boehly-led consortium paid to acquire Chelsea last year.

Advert

There was a third offer placed on Saturday by US hedge fund Elliott, but The Times say it is an offer to provide financing for a bid, rather than a full takeover proposal.

United legend Gary Neville, meanwhile, spoke about the potential takeover on Sunday, and told Sky Sports that the 'biggest concern' for some supporters is the Glazers staying on at the club after the process is complete.

Now, Sky reporter Solhekol has given the latest news on the process.

Sky reporter reveals new Man Utd takeover update

Speaking on Sky Sports News on Monday, the reporter explained that, as per sources, interested parties will not offer 'crazy money' to buy United, which could put a spanner in the works when it comes to a sale of the club.

He said: "The really important thing here is, what do the Glazer family want to do?

"Do they actually want to sell Manchester United? Or do they just want to sell a minority stake in the club, and use that money to redevelop Old Trafford?

"Do they feel that now is not the right time to sell Manchester United? Ultimately, it's up to them.

"What we're being told is that the bidders for United are not going to pay crazy money for the club. They are not going to dance to the Glazers' tune. They have a valuation of what they believe Manchester United is worth, and they won't pay more than that."

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Manchester United, Premier League, Sky Sports

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

5 hours ago
6 hours ago
  • Getty
    5 hours ago

    Middlesbrough lawyer speaks out after Southampton expelled from Championship play-offs

    Southampton have been kicked out of this season's EFL play-offs, with Middlesbrough reinstated in their place to take on Hull in the final.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Hull City's response to finding out Southampton have been thrown out of play-offs

    Hull City's response to discovering Southampton have been thrown out of the Championship playoffs meaning they will now face Middlesbrough.

    Football
  • Getty
    6 hours ago

    Forgotten Aston Villa player on verge of football history after Europa League final win

    Aston Villa defeated Freiburg 3-0 to win the Europa League final.

    Football
  • Getty
    6 hours ago

    Southampton lose appeal against EFL play-off expulsion as club issue 'extremely disappointing' statement

    Southampton were initially expelled from the EFL Championship play-off final against Hull City.

    Football
  • Sky Sports Launch Incredible New Premier League Feature that Fans will Love
  • Sky Sports bundle slashed by £312 includes hundreds of Premier League matches
  • Sky Sports announce new title track for Premier League coverage and fans have completely lost it
  • Sky Sports Make Decision on Gary Neville After ‘Angry White Men’ Backlash