sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
"People close to the negotiations..." - Seismic update given on Qatar bid for Man Utd with new offer expected
Home>Football
Published 18:52 24 Mar 2023 GMT

"People close to the negotiations..." - Seismic update given on Qatar bid for Man Utd with new offer expected

A new update has been released on the Man Utd bidding process.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

The Qatar-based bid for Manchester United is ready to table a new offer close to the asking price demanded for the club by the Glazer family, according to a new report.

The bid, which has been spearheaded by Sheikh Jassim through his Nine Two foundation, has already submitted one offer for the club before the initial soft deadline last month.

But a second bid is yet to be confirmed, with Sky Sports claiming that Sheikh Jassim, and Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Ineos, asked for extensions before Wednesday's 9pm deadline.

Those extensions were granted, and the Ratcliffe/Ineos ticket announced they had sent through a fresh bid for United on Thursday.

Advert

In a short statement, an Ineos spokesperson said (via The Independent): "Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Ineos can confirm we have submitted a revised bid."

Even though it has not officially been confirmed, Sheikh Jassim is expected to follow suit - and Sportico has reported an intriguing detail about the latest expected proposal from Qatar.

Qatar bid for Man Utd update

In an article published on Friday, Sportico's Asli Petit wrote: "[Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad] Al Thani's most recent bid for the team appears to be in the ballpark of £6 billion ($7.3 billion), the amount the Glazer family is asking for the 145-year-old team, said the people [close to negotiations].

"They added that Al Thani, the president of the Qatar Islamic Bank (QIB), had two more rounds of meetings with the Glazers last week."

The report also claims that Ratcliffe's revised bid, as per the same sources, was not able to match Sheikh Jassim's offer.

Meanwhile, Matt Dickinson of The Times reported on Friday that people with knowledge of the Qatar-based bid believe that the offer will win if the key factor in a successful takeover is based around Monday.

He wrote: "As one person with knowledge of that bid put it: 'They are working on instruction not to come back without a deal.'

"The group know that if it is an issue of money then there is no way they should be beaten."

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Manchester United, Premier League, Qatar

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

9 hours ago
10 hours ago
12 hours ago
13 hours ago
  • Liverpool FC/Getty
    9 hours ago

    ‘That’s never going to happen to me again’: Mo Salah’s darkest moment explained by fellow Liverpool legend

    This almost broke the Egyptian.

    Football
  • Eddie Keogh/Stringer/Getty
    10 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola praised after speaking about the one regret he's ‘hid deep inside for many years'

    The Manchester City man still thinks about it.

    Football
  • Getty
    12 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho ready to axe TEN Real Madrid players including unthinkable name

    Mourinho is willing to sanction the sales of a host of Real Madrid stars - with some more surprising inclusions than others.

    Football
  • Getty
    13 hours ago

    Man Utd 'close in' on £140m double transfer including player Michael Carrick 'specifically wants'

    Michael Carrick was officially unveiled as United's new permanent head coach on Friday, having signed a two-year contract.

    Football
  • Man Utd 'close in' on £140m double transfer including player Michael Carrick 'specifically wants'
  • PGMO reveal whether Man Utd 'handball' against Nottingham Forest was the wrong decision as update issued
  • Sheikh Jassim's stance on new Man Utd bid as contract clause opens door for Qatar takeover
  • Man Utd submit huge bid for Benjamin Sesko as 'preferred choice' named amid Newcastle offer