• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Juventus' 15-point reduction in Serie A has been reversed, their league position has changed dramatically

Home> Football

Updated 17:46 20 Apr 2023 GMT+1Published 17:27 20 Apr 2023 GMT+1

Juventus' 15-point reduction in Serie A has been reversed, their league position has changed dramatically

Serie A side Juventus received a 15-point deduction in the league for alleged financial irregularities and false accounting.

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Juventus' 15-point reduction in Serie A has been temporarily reversed, meaning they have jumped up from seventh to third in the league standings.

Last year, the Serie A club's entire board, including Pavel Nedved, quit after an investigation into the club's finances was opened.

In December, UEFA announced that the CFCB First Chamber would open an investigation into the club for potential breaches surrounding club licensing and Financial Fair Play regulations.

And a month later, the Italian side were handed a 15-point deduction to their Serie A points total for 'financial irregularities' and 'false accounting' in relation to past transfer dealings.

Advert

The ruling also came with lengthy bans for multiple former board members, including Andrea Agnelli, Federico Cherubini and Fabio Paratici, who is currently the sporting director at Tottenham.

Paratici has been banned for a total of 30 months, while former chairman Andrea Agnelli was banned from holding office in Italian football for 24 months for his involvement.

In total, the Italian Football Federation investigated a total of 62 transfers and 42 of them involved Juventus.

Juventus were said to be optimistic about their chances of overturning the 15-point deduction thanks to a 'procedural defect' and on Thursday afternoon, the decision was announced.

As a result of the points being reversed pending a new trial to further clarify their capital gains controversy, Juve have knocked both AC Milan and Inter Milan out of the Champions League places.

There is, however, a 30-day period for the prosecutor to appeal the decision and still get the 15 points deducted.

According to journalist Giovanni Albanese, Fabio Paratici's appeal against his two-and-a-half year ban, extended globally by FIFA, has been rejected.

The same applies for bans against other former board members Andrea Agnelli and Federico Cherubini, but the appeal for Pavel Nedved's ban has reportedly been accepted.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy
Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare is the Senior Journalist for SPORTbible, one of the world’s biggest social publishers. He specialises in long-form feature writing and has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day. He has a BA (Hons) in Journalism and News Practice.

X

@jackkenmare_

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

3 hours ago
7 hours ago
8 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    EFL Boss Tears Into His Own Player And Says He Deserves Ban

    He slammed his "atrocious" performance.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Former Man Utd Staff Member Opens Up On Explosive Fall Out With Roy Keane

    Keane has previously voiced his opinion on masseuses in football.

    Football
  • Getty
    7 hours ago

    Brooklyn Beckham's Brutal Reaction to Gordon Ramsay’s Comments About Family Feud

    Gordon Ramsay has become the latest to comment on Brooklyn Beckham's 'feud' with parents David and Victoria.

    Football
  • Getty
    8 hours ago

    Jack Grealish Future Takes Shock Twist as Man City Man ‘Wanted’ by European Heavyweight

    Jack Grealish is reportedly wanted by one of the biggest clubs in the world.

    Football
  • Fans Have Changed Their Mind on Masked Baller League Player's Identity
  • Michael Jordan's long-lost supercar has finally been found after 15 years
  • Offside law has been changed worldwide after Swedish club finds genius 'loophole' in rules
  • Premier League club decide to sack their manager and a date has been set no matter what happens