• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Gareth Bale Agrees MLS Move On Free Transfer

Home> Football

Updated 16:54 25 Jun 2022 GMT+1Published 16:21 25 Jun 2022 GMT+1

breaking

Gareth Bale Agrees MLS Move On Free Transfer

Gareth Bale is reportedly finalising a move to the MLS after leaving Real Madrid.

Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Gareth Bale is nearing a move to the MLS with Los Angeles FC, sensational reports claim.

The Welshman is a free agent, with his Real Madrid contract expiring at the end of the month.

Bale has been heavily linked with home-city club Cardiff City and reportedly held talks with manager Steve Morison at the club's training ground.

Advert

But Tom Bogert of MLS Soccer is reporting that Bale, fresh from leading Wales to a first World Cup since 1958, looks set to head to Los Angeles on a 12-month contract.

He will link up with Juventus and Italy legend Giorgio Chiellini, who recently penned a deal with the California outfit.

It's said he will not take up one of the designated player spots and so one space will remain open for LAFC.

Wales captain Bale won five Champions Leagues and three La Liga titles with Real, scoring 106 goals after joining in a then world record deal from Spurs in 2013.

The transfer window in the MLS opens officially on July 7, which means both Bale and Chiellini would have to wait until July 8 in the derby against LA Galaxy for their debuts.

Image: Alamy
Image: Alamy

LAFC are flying high at the top of the Supporters' Shield table with 30 points from 15 games, with talisman Carlos Vela starring once again.

Should the move go ahead, Bale will become the latest high-profile British player to play across the pond.

David Beckham, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and Wayne Rooney all made the switch to the MLS at the end of their careers.

Image: Alamy
Image: Alamy

Speaking earlier this month, Bale said he had received "loads" of offers from clubs after announcing his departure from Real.

There was talk that he could remain in La Liga with Getafe, who had apparently been offered Bale.

However, having been asked about his future, Bale stated: "No [I don’t know] but I’m not going to Getafe, that's for sure."

Featured Image Credit: Image: PA

Topics: Real Madrid, Tottenham Hotspur, Cardiff City, MLS

Josh Lawless
Josh Lawless

Josh is a sports journalist who specialises in football and WWE. He has been published by Curzon Ashton FC, Late Tackle, Manchester City FC, The Mirror, Read Man City and Manchester Evening News. He provides coverage of professional wrestling and has covered two WrestleMania events for SPORTbible.

X

@joshlawless_

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Feyenoord forced to meet three strict conditions before Raheem Sterling can play

    Raheem Sterling has signed for Eredivisie side Feyenoord but is still unable to make his debut.

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho 'waiting on call' from former club as contract clause emerges

    Jose Mourinho is reported to have a special clause in his contract, which could helped engineer a return.

    Football
  • beIN SPORTS
    4 hours ago

    Darwin Nunez sends clear message to Al Hilal owners after being axed from squad

    The former Liverpool striker has been removed from Al Hilal's squad list for the Saudi Pro League.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Newcastle remove player from Champions League squad on eve of Qarabag tie

    Eddie Howe's side will take on Qarabag in Azerbaijan on Wednesday night.

    Football
  • Gareth Bale Reveals Truth Behind Retirement Aged 33 in Candid Interview
  • Gareth Bale to front shock takeover bid for English club as 'behind the scenes' talks revealed
  • Gareth Bale Speaks Out on Bankruptcy Fears Despite £350,000-a-Week Wage
  • Gareth Bale's 'leaked' Real Madrid contract revealed the insane amount of money it cost to insure him