sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Worrying footage of Son Heung-min emerges during Spurs win vs Qarabag just a day after claiming there are too many matches
Home>Football>Football News>Tottenham Hotspur
Published 12:42 27 Sep 2024 GMT+1

Worrying footage of Son Heung-min emerges during Spurs win vs Qarabag just a day after claiming there are too many matches

The South Korean was forced off in the Europa League victory ahead of this weekend's clash against Manchester United

John McDougall

John McDougall

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Tottenham Hotspur got their Europa League campaign off to a winning start against Azerbaijan outfit Qarabag but fresh footage has emerged which raises questions over Son Heung-min's potential availability this weekend against Manchester United.

Spurs beat Qarabag 3-0 last night in the Europa League despite playing much of the clash with 10 men after Radu Dragusin's early dismissal for bringing down Juninho as the last man.

The London side still took the lead in the first half through Brennan Johnson, before Pape Sarr doubled their advantage after the break while summer signing Dominic Solanke added a third before full-time.

Spurs sit fourth in the Europa League group table after maximum points from their first game in Europe this campaign.

Advert

Attentions now switch back to domestic matters for Ange Postecoglou's side as they travel to Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon to take on Manchester United in the Premier League.

Both United and Spurs have two wins and a draw from their five Premier League matches so far this season, with the London side sitting a place ahead of Erik ten Hag's outfit in tenth.

Son could be a doubt for that fixture though, which would be a big blow for Spurs if the 32-year-old is absent, after he was taken off in the 71st minute for Timo Werner shortly after Solanke scored Tottenham's third of the evening.

And footage that emerged on the Spurs subreddit last night will do little to ease fans' fears. Son was seen clutching the back of his thigh before sitting down on the pitch at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium as he received medical attention, before being substituted and heading down the tunnel, rather than sitting on the bench.


Speaking after last night's game, Spurs boss Postecoglou was unsure about the extent of the South Korean's injury, saying: "I haven't spoken to him. He said he felt a bit tired but I haven't spoken to him or medicals yet."

Son in recent days had backed the views of Manchester City's Rodri and Liverpool's Allison regarding too many matches being played over the course of a season.

He said: "A lot of players came out and said the right things and I think it was very important that someone actually came out to say the right things.

"Players are the main guys to have to say something and it's definitely a lot of games. As a football fan you want to see a quality game, not as many games as possible, and you don't want to see people or players struggling with injuries, which nobody wants to see.

Son Heung-min was replaced in Spurs' win over Qarabag. (
Getty)

"It's definitely a lot of games, a lot of travelling [so] we have to look after ourselves which is sometimes very hard, and sometimes mentally and physically you're not ready and when you're going onto the pitch then the risk of injury is massive.

"We are not robots, so I think we just definitely have to look after that and definitely reduce the games and can play a better quality of game. I think this should be the aim."

All eyes will be on the teamsheets when they are released at Old Trafford on Sunday to see if Son is involved or not.

Featured Image Credit: YouTube/Hoyassi

Topics: Tottenham Hotspur, Son Heung Min, Manchester United, Europa League, Premier League

John McDougall
John McDougall

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • American media have made their feelings clear on Son Heung-min after 29-minute cameo on LAFC debut
  • Son Heung-min asked 'embarrassing' question in LAFC unveiling that's left US fans ashamed
  • Son Heung-Min Can Return to Premier League by Triggering 'David Beckham Clause'
  • Son Heung-min's astronomical Saudi Pro League contract offer revealed with player 'set to leave Spurs'

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Why Man City are set to pay Chelsea to replace Pep Guardiola with Enzo Maresca

    Manchester City have agreed a three-year deal with Enzo Maresca, who is set to replace Pep Guardiola.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Portugal announce final 26-man World Cup squad as two Premier League stars snubbed

    Roberto Martinez has announced his squad ahead of Portugal taking on DR Congo in their opening group match on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Pep Guardiola next job odds: Shock favourite emerges as potential next move

    Guardiola is set to leave Man City

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Lawyer reaches Man City 115 charges verdict after 'speaking to insiders'

    A football lawyer has suggested that life at Man City could take a turn for the worse with the 115 charges adding to the post-Guardiola woes

    Football