sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Ange Postecoglou holds nothing back on Yves Bissouma as Tottenham suspend player over laughing gas video
Home>Football>Football News>Tottenham Hotspur
Updated 14:18 15 Aug 2024 GMT+1Published 13:56 15 Aug 2024 GMT+1

breaking

Ange Postecoglou holds nothing back on Yves Bissouma as Tottenham suspend player over laughing gas video

Postecoglou has addressed the matter for the first time.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Tottenham manager Ange Postecoglou held nothing back when asked about a video of midfielder Yves Bissouma that showed him appearing to inhale nitrous oxide.

Possession of nitrous oxide - also known as laughing gas - for recreational use has been a criminal offence since last year, when the former Conservative government graded it as a Class C drug controlled under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.

Spurs midfielder Bissouma posted a video to his Snapchat account on Sunday which showed him appearing to inhale nitrous oxide from a balloon.

Advert

The Mali international later apologised for his actions, stating: "I want to apologise for these videos.

"This was a severe lack of judgment. I understand how serious this is and the health risks involved, and I also take my responsibility as a footballer and role model."

Spurs did not respond to comment when approached by SPORTbible, but a club spokesperson told The Sun that the matter would be dealt with 'internally'.

Now, Postecoglou has addressed the matter for the first time - and confirmed that Bissouma has been suspended by the club for their Premier League season opener at Leicester on Monday.

He said: "I've been in the game for a long time. When a situation like this arises, I've tried to look at them in a couple of ways.

"First there as a person, and it's Biss, and he's made a poor decision.

"There are still sanctions involved, and some of those are educational. He is a footballer with responsibilities.

Yves Bissouma in action for Spurs during a pre-season friendly against Hearts -
Getty

"He won't be available on Monday. We've suspended him from Monday's game.

"He needs to build that trust back with both me and the group. The door is open for him and we can help him realise the decisions he makes impacts the group."

When asked about how Bissouma can build back that trust, Postecoglou replied: "Behaviour, mate. It's that simple. It's about making better decisions.

"He was very apologetic to me, the club and everyone involved, but that's just part of it."

Featured Image Credit: Sky Sports / Getty

Topics: Ange Postecoglou, Tottenham Hotspur, Football, Premier League, Yves Bissouma

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • Ange Postecoglou Holds Nothing Back on Thomas Frank and Spurs After Sacking
  • Tottenham SACK Ange Postecoglou despite Europa League triumph as clear favourite to replace him emerges
  • Tottenham star stuns fans with lengthy message to Ange Postecoglou after Thomas Frank appointment
  • Ange Postecoglou Rejects Huge Offer as Premier League Return Stance Clear

Choose your content:

14 mins ago
an hour ago
  • Getty
    14 mins ago

    BBC confirm pundit line-up for World Cup as 11 names missing

    Didier Drogba, Vincent Kompany and Rio Ferdinand among the pundits not working for BBC Sport this summer

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Liverpool consider U-turn to sack Arne Slot after Mo Salah comments, with FOUR replacements considered

    Liverpool hero Salah criticised the team's style of play after Aston Villa defeat, piling yet more pressure on Slot

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    23-year-old footballer speaks publicly after being stabbed seven times in Huntingdon train attack

    Jonathan Gjoshe was seriously injured in the knife attack in November 2025

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Jose Mourinho has already identified his first major signing for Real Madrid and it would be huge

    Mourinho is on the verge of becoming Real Madrid manager for a second time.

    Football