
Tottenham Hotspur are exploring the signing of a surprise player after they complete deals for Manchester City pair Savinho and Omar Marmoush, it has been reported.
Spurs have reached an agreement with City, per multiple reports, worth an initial £75 million fee plus £10 million in add-ons to sign Savinho.
They have been pursuing the 22-year-old Brazil international for much of the summer, and are now closing in on signing his City team-mate Marmoush as well.
According to The Athletic, Spurs are 'advancing' in talks to sign Marmoush in what would be a separate deal to the one that will bring Savinho to north London.
Advert
Spurs have embarked on an overhaul of their squad under manager Roberto De Zerbi and have already spent in excess of £225 million before their latest two deals are completed.
Fans have had to wait since July 6, when Sandro Tonali arrived from Newcastle for a club-record £100 million fee, for their next arrival but it appears that the wait could be worth it.
Spurs 'exploring' move for Premier League striker
Spurs will be not done there, however.
That's according to Football Insider, who report that De Zerbi still wants to add to his forward line and has identified Crystal Palace striker Jean-Philippe Mateta as a target.
The Frenchman has been a reliable source of goals for Palace, netting double figures in the Premier League in each of his last three seasons.
That form earned him a place in France's World Cup squad, where he played 21 minutes across three substitute appearances as France reached the semi-finals before losing to eventual winners Spain.
He was close to joining Italian giants AC Milan in the January window, but the move was called off after his medical discovered a long-standing knee issue.

It was revealed that the problem dated back to when he ruptured his meniscus while playing for Mainz all the way back in 2019, and he had to undergo surgery before he could return to action for Palace.
Mateta said he was grateful to Milan's medical team for spotting the issue, as he claimed it was 'more serious' than what he had been previously told.
"If I hadn't done that medical exam, how long would I have been dragging this knee issue along?" he told French outlet Canal+ in July.
For that reason, a potential move for Mateta may be seen as a slight gamble by Spurs, given the chequered injury histories of both their existing strikers Dominic Solanke and Richarlison.
But the Frenchman returned to action for Palace in March and helped them win the Conference League title, before then travelling to the World Cup.
He hasn't featured at all during pre-season since returning from the World Cup, but new Palace boss Pierre Sage is confident that he will be fit for their opening game of the Premier League season away to Everton on Saturday.
Spurs, who kick off their campaign away to Brentford on Saturday, are also believed to be interested in a move for Liverpool's Cody Gakpo, though it is unclear whether their pursuits of Savinho, Marmoush and Mateta will change that stance.
Topics: Tottenham Hotspur, Premier League, Transfer News