sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Newcastle line up sensational Eddie Howe replacement which will shock the whole Premier League
Home>Football>Football News>Newcastle United
Published 18:15 28 Feb 2024 GMT

Newcastle line up sensational Eddie Howe replacement which will shock the whole Premier League

Newcastle are reportedly targeting a shock managerial appointment for current boss Eddie Howe.

Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Newcastle are reportedly lining up a shock managerial replacement for Eddie Howe.

Howe took the reins at the Magpies in November 2021, taking over from Steve Bruce following the arrival of new Saudi investors.

After the team had failed to record a single victory in the opening 14 games, he steered Newcastle clear of relegation and into eleventh place.

Last term, Howe guided Newcastle back into the Champions League for the first time since the 2002/03 season, as well as reaching the Carabao Cup final.

Advert

Their European adventure saw them finish bottom of a tough group featuring Paris Saint-Germain, Borussia Dortmund and AC Milan.

Qualification for next season's Champions League looks unlikely with Newcastle sitting 15 points off fourth-placed Aston Villa.

And there are reports indicate that the club could part company with Howe and appoint a new manager.

Image: Getty
Image: Getty

Christian Falk of BILD claims that the North East outfit are interested in hiring Julian Nagelsmann as their next boss.

The 36-year-old has been in charge of the Germany national team since September, having penned a short-term contract after his harsh Bayern Munich sacking in March.

His deal runs until the end of the Euro 2024 on home soil and Falk says he is yet to decide whether to return to club management or extend his stay.

He is represented by the same agency as Newcastle defender Fabian Schar, which could make negotiations a tad easier.

Previously in charge of both Hoffenheim and RB Leipzig, Nagelsmann is regarded as one of the most exciting young coaches around and has been linked with both Manchester United and Liverpool.

Image: Getty
Image: Getty

Howe signed a long-term contract with Newcastle in August 2022 and talked about his position following the FA Cup penalty shoot-out win over Blackburn Rovers on Tuesday night.

He told a press conference: "I'm doing the job to the best of my ability, I'll always do that for every second I'm here.

"As for the season, I don't know what the future holds but what it does is keep us in a competition we're desperate to do well in with the carrot of Wembley."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Newcastle United, Eddie Howe, Julian Nagelsmann

Josh Lawless
Josh Lawless

Josh is a sports journalist who specialises in football and WWE. He has been published by Curzon Ashton FC, Late Tackle, Manchester City FC, The Mirror, Read Man City and Manchester Evening News. He provides coverage of professional wrestling and has covered two WrestleMania events for SPORTbible.

X

@joshlawless_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

11 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty
    11 mins ago

    Next Southampton manager odds emerge as shock candidate linked with job after emergency meeting

    Tonda Eckert is under pressure to keep his job at Southampton after accepting responsibility over the spygate scandal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Harry Maguire left 'shocked' by England World Cup snub as Thomas Tuchel 'strongly considers' surprise call up

    Tuchel will name his 26-man England squad on Friday.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Xabi Alonso's response when asked about future of three Chelsea players on live TV

    New Chelsea boss Xabi Alonso discussed the situation of three players during an impromptu interview on live TV.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Man Utd could spend £300m in the summer after securing Champions League football

    It is expected to be a busy summer at Old Trafford.

    Football
  • Sir Jim Ratcliffe not happy Man Utd didn't sign current Premier League star before his big summer move to rivals
  • Julian Nagelsmann sends Xabi Alonso warning about picking Bayern Munich over Liverpool
  • Sandro Tonali 'spotted' in Newcastle away end during FA Cup victory amid betting ban
  • Ex-Newcastle and France star returns to football seven years after his last game