sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Preston North End star given huge ban by FA for BITING Blackburn player
Home>Football>Football News
Updated 11:58 4 Oct 2024 GMT+1Published 11:39 4 Oct 2024 GMT+1

breaking

Preston North End star given huge ban by FA for BITING Blackburn player

The incident occurred during North End's 0-0 draw with Blackburn Rovers.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Preston North End star Milutin Osmajic has been handed a huge ban by the FA after admitting to a charge of violent conduct during his side's 0-0 draw against Blackburn Rovers last month.

The incident occurred during the latter stages of the second half, shortly after Blackburn's Owen Beck had kicked North End midfielder Duane Holmes.

Osmajic then grabbed hold of the defender, who is on loan from Liverpool, and appeared to bite him near the back of his neck.

Beck was shown a straight red card for violent conduct on Holmes. Osmajic, meanwhile, was booked for dissent, with the bite not picked up by the officials at the time.

Advert

The Montenegro international was then charged by the FA with violent conduct, and accepted a charge of being seen to bite an opposing player during the Blackburn match.

As the FA had yet to decide on a formal punishment, as per their rules, Osmajic was free to continue playing, and scored twice in North End's 3-0 win over Watford on Wednesday.

Now, the FA have announced that they have given the striker a huge eight-match ban, effective immediately.

An FA statement reads: "Preston North End's Milutin Osmajic has been given an eight-match suspension and £15,000 fine for misconduct during their match against Blackburn Rovers in the EFL Championship on Sunday 22 September.

"The forward admitted that he committed an act of violent conduct around the 87th minute by biting an opponent.

"An independent Regulatory Commission imposed his sanctions following a hearing. Its written reasons will be published in due course."

Getty

On Wednesday, PNE director Peter Ridsdale confirmed that the club had sanctioned Osmajic internally.

He told talkSPORT: "We've already indicated to the player what we're doing.

"I want to keep that obviously in-house, but you can be assured that that's not something that we condone as a football club and we've taken appropriate action."

The striker will return to action on November 23 when North End take on Derby County.

The games he will miss include a Lancashire derby against Burnley on Saturday and the Carabao Cup fourth round tie against Arsenal at Deepdale on October 30.

Featured Image Credit: Getty / Sky Sports

Topics: Preston North End, EFL Championship, Blackburn Rovers, Football

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

19 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    19 mins ago

    A list of players who have been left out of England's World Cup squad by the ruthless Thomas Tuchel

    Tuchel has made some difficult phone calls over the past 48 hours.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Thomas Tuchel makes Kobbie Mainoo decision ahead of squad announcement as Adam Wharton spot 'in doubt'

    The England boss has been cutthroat in his squad, as one midfielder is set to miss out

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    Next Southampton manager odds emerge as shock candidate linked with job after emergency meeting

    Tonda Eckert is under pressure to keep his job at Southampton after accepting responsibility over the spygate scandal.

    Football
  • Preston North End manager makes incredible Snoop Dogg comment after Swansea appearance
  • Milutin Osmajic Receives One of EFL's Longest-Ever Bans For Hannibal Incident
  • US-Saudi Multi-Millionaire Opens Talks With English Football Club
  • Liverpool set for unexpected transfer windfall as player demands to leave club