sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Man, 42, arrested on suspicion of assault after Roy Keane allegedly headbutted at Arsenal vs Man Utd
Home>Football>Football News>Man Utd
Updated 15:11 4 Sep 2023 GMT+1Published 14:50 4 Sep 2023 GMT+1

Man, 42, arrested on suspicion of assault after Roy Keane allegedly headbutted at Arsenal vs Man Utd

An arrest has been made.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A 42-year-old man has been arrested after Roy Keane was allegedly 'headbutted' during Arsenal against Manchester United, the Metropolitan Police have confirmed.

The man has been arrested on suspicion of assault over the alleged incident.

According to the Daily Mail, the alleged incident took place as Keane and broadcast colleague Micah Richards were walking from the Sky Sports studio at the Emirates Stadium towards the pitchside area.

Footage shared on social media showed Richards involved in an altercation with the man, with Sky Sports stating earlier on Monday: "We understand the police are investigating an alleged assault by a member of the public immediately preceding the footage circulating on social media.

Advert

"In the footage seen, Micah Richards was acting to defuse a situation."

In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said: "Police are investigating an incident at Emirates Stadium on Sunday, 3 September, during which a man was assaulted.

"On Monday, 4 September, a 42-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault (ABH). The man has been taken into custody.

"Enquiries are ongoing."

More to follow...

This is a breaking news story from the team at SPORTbible and will be updated in due course. In the meantime, please follow us on our various social channels for the latest information on this story. You can find the latest SPORT news on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Stay tuned for the latest and follow all the latest developments below.

Featured Image Credit: Sky Sports / Twitter

Topics: Roy Keane, Micah Richards, Arsenal, Manchester United

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago
9 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Final Champions League spot could be decided by play-off as unthinkable scenario unfolds

    This has never happened before, but it's genuinely possible with a game left to play in the Premier League.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Declan Rice has the coldest response to Arsenal’s first Premier League title win in 22 years

    Arsenal are the 2026 Premier League champions and Rice made sure to celebrate.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    'I've studied Pep for a while' - Micah Richards reacts to Pep Guardiola's response to exit rumours

    Richards also said Manchester City's players went against the club's ethos as they surrendered the Premier League title to Arsenal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    9 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola responds to rumours he will leave Manchester City after Premier League title loss

    The Manchester City boss has finally broken his silence on the rumours.

    Football
  • Roy Keane and Micah Richards in heated row live on Sky during Man Utd vs Arsenal coverage
  • Roy Keane Was 'Banned' From Man Utd Christmas Party After Incident
  • Roy Keane 'Tipped' to Return to Man Utd as Ruben Amorim's Struggles Continue
  • Roy Keane Hangs Man Utd Star Out to Dry Live on Sky Sports After Villa Defeat