Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Has Already Questioned Unthinkable Man Utd INEOS Decision

Home> Football> Football News> Man Utd

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Has Already Questioned Unthinkable Man Utd INEOS Decision

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been linked with a return to Manchester United.

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has already questioned a decision made by INEOS amid reports linking him with a return to Manchester United.

Solskjaer, 52, played for United 366 times during his career, scoring 126 goals.

During his time as a player at Old Trafford, the Norwegian lifted six Premier League titles and one Champions League among other trophies.

In December 2018, Solskjaer was appointed United's interim manager after Jose Mourinho's departure.

After a run of impressive results, Solskjaer was given the job permanently.

He went on to take charge of 168 matches, with a record of 91 victories, 37 draws and 40 defeats, which equates to a win rate of 54.17 per cent.

Solskjaer was sacked in November 2021 after a poor run of form.

However, in recent days, the 52-year-old has been linked with a return to Old Trafford as the interim boss after United sacked Ruben Amorim.

It has been reported that Solskjaer would be willing to return to his former club.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been linked with a return to Manchester United. Image: Getty
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been linked with a return to Manchester United. Image: Getty

Transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano said: "Ole Gunnar Solskjær has shown interest in taking Manchester United job as caretaker manager, regardless of contract length. Man United, taking their time to assess candidates for the job.

"Darren Fletcher will be interim manager this week."

Amid the reports linking him with a stunning return, Solskjaer has previously questioned a decision made by INEOS, who took over the football operation after Sir Jim Ratcliffe bought a stake in the club.

Speaking to the BBC back in May 2025, Solskjaer questioned United's decision to sell midfielder Scott McTominay, who has impressed since leaving Manchester for Napoli.

He said: "Scott and Fred together, they were lads you would put your hat on every day to give 100%.

"How you can sell Scott is beyond me."

Scott McTominay has been a key player for Napoli. Image: Getty
Scott McTominay has been a key player for Napoli. Image: Getty

In the summer of 2024, McTominay was sold to Napoli for a reported fee of £25.7 million.

Since then, the Scotsman has been a key player for Antonio Conte, scoring 18 goals in 61 appearances across all competitions.

McTominay has so far won the Serie A title and the Supercoppa Italiana.

As a result of his impressive performances, McTominay was nominated for the 2025 Ballon d'Or award, finishing in 18th place.

Napoli will be back in Serie A action on Wednesday evening when they take on Hellas Verona at the Diego Armando Maradona Stadium.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Manchester United, Football, Sir Jim Ratcliffe