• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Man Utd to let another talented player leave on deadline day and fans are furious

Home> Football> Football News> Man Utd

Updated 11:45 1 Feb 2024 GMTPublished 11:43 1 Feb 2024 GMT

Man Utd to let another talented player leave on deadline day and fans are furious

Manchester United are exchanging documents with Bundesliga side Werder Bremen ahead of a permanent move, say reports.

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester United's decision to allow one of their biggest academy talents to leave on a permanent deal has infuriated fans on deadline day.

Earlier this month, it was reported that a number of teams in Europe, including Ajax, Atletico Madrid and Napoli, were interested in signing Isak Hansen-Aaroen.

The 19-year-old attacking midfielder, who joined United's youth ranks in 2020 after trials at Liverpool and Everton, impressed Erik ten Hag in pre-season.

In fact, the Premier League side were 'eager' for Hansen-Aaroen to commit his long-term future to the club, according to the Manchester Evening News.

Advert

But after weeks of speculation surrounding his future, the Norway under-21 international is set to leave Old Trafford for the Weserstadion on February 1.

Transfer expert Fabrizio Romano has confirmed that Werder Bremen are 'exchanging documents' with Manchester United as a permanent deal nears.

Hansen-Aaroen is currently travelling to Germany to complete medical examinations and will reportedly sign a four-year deal at the Bundesliga outfit.

The teenager was said to be keen on making things work in Manchester but had doubts over game-time.

Here's how fans on social media reacted to the transfer news.

One said: "Just woken up to this. Awful, awful management from the club over the past couple of years. Hopefully there's a buy-back and significant sell-on clause included. I have no doubt he’ll shine in Germany."

A second commented: "Unhappy. He was a major talent. Alvaro and Isak were probably the two starter-level potential talents among the Butt-Ole youth signings. Both leaving this window when there's potential opportunity in their positions is a blow. Our issues with youth pathway and development continue."

Image credit: Getty
Image credit: Getty

A third wrote: "From the games I saw of him in the academy I thought he’d be someone who’d break into the first team squad eventually. Will be interested to watch how his career goes."

A fourth said: "Shocking decision, wish Isak all the best and hopefully he can shine at a club that appreciates his talents," while a fifth added: "I genuinely don’t recognise our club these days. Selling off our youth prospects while keeping over paid wastes of space. Honestly the club is never recovering."


Hansen-Aaroen gave an honest assessment of his role at United last year.

Speaking to Norwegian outlet VG while on international duty, he admitted: "A route is right for some, which may be completely wrong for others. I think you just have to sit down and figure out what's right for you because there are different answers for everyone.

"There was talk of something different [in the summer], but I don't want to say too much about it. There was some stuff, but we didn't quite agree.

"There is a lot of interest. If we wanted it to be a loan, I know we could go. There were slightly different things that we didn't quite agree on."

Featured Image Credit: Getty Images

Topics: Fan Reactions, Manchester United, Transfers, Manchester United Transfer News & Rumours, Werder Bremen, Bundesliga

Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare is the Senior Journalist for SPORTbible, one of the world’s biggest social publishers. He specialises in long-form feature writing and has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day. He has a BA (Hons) in Journalism and News Practice.

X

@jackkenmare_

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago
9 hours ago
  • X
    7 hours ago

    Kylian Mbappe gives explosive interview as he reveals alleged racist comment

    The Real Madrid star has revealed the alleged comment made towards Vinicius Junior during the Champions League match.

    Football
  • Getty/ Amazon Prime
    8 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho slammed for comments on Vini Jr incident as pundits left speechless

    The Benfica boss has revealed exactly what he said to Vinicius Junior following the alleged racist incident.

    Football
  • Getty
    8 hours ago

    Trent Alexander-Arnold speaks out on Vini Jr incident as Brazilian issues statement

    The Real Madrid right-back spoke to Amazon Prime after an eventful night in Lisbon.

    Football
  • Prime Video
    9 hours ago

    Gianluca Prestianni takes immediate action following incident with Vini Jr

    The Benfica winger was involved in an incident with the Real Madrid man during the second half of the Champions League play-off first leg.

    Football
  • Jesse Lingard's transfer to new club collapses on deadline day
  • Liverpool line up bargain transfer for former Man City defender after trio depart ahead of deadline day
  • Omar Berrada leaves Man Utd fans struggling to contain excitement after Man City documentary footage re-emerges
  • Man City fans furious with how the club were described during FA Cup draw