sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Man Utd 'convinced' that Sheikh Jassim will succeed Glazers as date set for takeover
Home>Football>Football News>Man Utd
Published 17:18 5 Aug 2023 GMT+1

Man Utd 'convinced' that Sheikh Jassim will succeed Glazers as date set for takeover

A date has been set.

Joe Adams

Joe Adams

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester United are 'convinced' that Sheikh Jassim will succeed the Glazers at Old Trafford, according to reports.

The Red Devils were first put up for sale by the Glazer family last November, but they are still yet to agree a deal for the club.

Sheikh Jassim's consortium are now said to have raced ahead of Sir Jim Ratcliffe after months of back-and-forth between potential buyers and the Premier League owners.

The news will come as a boost to many supporters who feared that Ratcliffe's bid would see the Glazers reinstated as minority owners.

Advert

However, The Sun claim that United are 'convinced' Sheikh Jassim will get a deal done by November, exactly a year after the club was put up for sale.

The report discusses allegations that the Glazer family have been 'dragging their heels' during negotiations but talks have since made a 'leap forward', with a '£6billion sale now close'.

Fortunately, the takeover saga has not held Erik ten Hag back in the summer transfer window, with the United boss spending over £170 million on Mason Mount, Andre Onana and Rasmus Hojlund.

And their could be further additions before United's opening game against Wolves on August 14, with Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Speaking earlier this summer on uncertainty surrounding United's ownership, Ten Hag said: "I have only one plan: that is to improve this club and to improve this team. I will fight for [it]. I have my ideas and I already told the club what we have to do for that.

"But I have to work with my staff, with my players to be better next season. I think in this moment, I don't want to discuss [the possible takeover].

"We have to be quiet, analysing the season, going to the depth, set the right conclusions, and then take action, it's about that."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Manchester United, Sheikh Jassim, Premier League, Football, Erik Ten Hag

Joe Adams
Joe Adams

Joe is a Journalist for SPORTbible with a primary focus on football. He has previously covered a number of other sports including boxing, rugby and F1. Wishes he was born left-footed.

X

@joeadamsjourno

Recommended reads

Ronnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'GettyAteba Gautier was called the 'future' by Joe Rogan, but he's more interested in what his cats thinkMike Roach/Zuffa LLC

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
3 hours ago
6 hours ago
7 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    'Not fit to wear the shirt' - Nuno Espirito Santo reacts to brutal West Ham fan criticism as relegation nears

    The Hammers could be relegated to the Championship in midweek without even playing.

    Football
  • ViaPlay | Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    What PSG staff think about huge injury scare ahead of Champions League final vs Arsenal

    The French champions suffered a massive injury concern on the final day of the Ligue 1 season.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    6 hours ago

    'I made a mistake' - Antoine Griezmann apologises to Atletico Madrid fans in emotional farewell message

    The 35-year-old still hasn't been forgiven by some supporters for what he did.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Arsenal handed huge potential boost for Champions League final after PSG star suffers injury scare

    It is now less than two weeks until Arsenal face Paris Saint-Germain in Budapest.

    Football
  • Sofyan Amrabat left out of Fiorentina squad as Man Utd make 'secret contact'
  • Man Utd takeover off? Journalist drops concerning Sheikh Jassim update that will anger supporters
  • Sheikh Jassim could sack three high-profile Man Utd figures if he takes over from Glazers
  • "Sources close to the seller..." - Journalist drops Man Utd takeover update after speaking to insiders