• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Robbie Fowler's conspiracy theory about Trent Alexander-Arnold resurfaces five months later and everyone may owe him an apology

Home> Football> Football News> Liverpool

Updated 16:44 7 May 2025 GMT+1Published 16:45 7 May 2025 GMT+1

Robbie Fowler's conspiracy theory about Trent Alexander-Arnold resurfaces five months later and everyone may owe him an apology

Trent Alexander-Arnold will depart Liverpool when his contract expires next month.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler's theory on the club's contract situation has resurfaced after the Trent Alexander-Arnold announcement.

On Monday, after months of speculation, it was finally confirmed that Alexander-Arnold will leave Liverpool at the end of the season.

Taking to social media, the 26-year-old said in an emotional video: "After 20 years at Liverpool Football Club, now is the time for me to confirm that I will be leaving at the end of the season.

Advert

"This is easily the hardest decision I’ve ever made in my life."

Alexander-Arnold's decision comes after Virgil van Dijk and Mohamed Salah penned new deals to extend their stay at Anfield.

During the season, the future of the above-mentioned trio has been the main talking point as Liverpool were taking a long time to sort out the pressing issue.

Advert

Speaking back in January, ex-Reds striker Fowler came up with his own theory about the contract situation.

He told Amazon Prime: "I do have a little theory actually and I don’t know if this is so far from the truth. I just think two of them have signed already you know, for some reason and maybe one hasn’t.

"But a simple fact that the club can’t come out and say, ‘Youse have signed’ because it makes the other one look worse."

Fowler continued: "I think there’s a possibility that may have happened, does that make sense?

Advert

"Because I think if two of them sign and then they come out and say, ‘Oh we’ve signed,’ it puts so much pressure on the other one, doesn’t it."


Although it was just purely Fowler's own theory, it turned out to be quite an interesting take on the whole saga.

Advert

Alexander-Arnold is now expected to join Spanish La Liga giants Real Madrid when he leaves Anfield next month.

During his time as a Liverpool player, the Englishman won two Premier League titles, two League Cups, one Champions League, one FA Cup, one FIFA Club World Cup, one UEFA Super Cup and also the FA Community Shield.

Featured Image Credit: Getty/Amazon Prime

Topics: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Football, Champions League

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Advert

Advert

Advert

  • Trent Alexander-Arnold settled the Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo debate with controversial answer
  • Trent Alexander-Arnold finally 'makes decision' on Liverpool contract extension following Premier League title win
  • Trent Alexander-Arnold set to receive 'insane' salary at Real Madrid after announcing Liverpool exit
  • The reason why Trent Alexander-Arnold didn't speak to media following Liverpool title win

Choose your content:

5 hours ago
6 hours ago
11 hours ago
  • GettyGetty
    5 hours ago

    Kobbie Mainoo 'responds' to Ruben Amorim denying his Man Utd transfer request

    Mainoo has been an unused substitute in both of United's Premier League matches this season.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    6 hours ago

    Man Utd 'accept' permanent bid for Antony but fans have spotted major problem

    Antony is finally on the move from Manchester United on a permanent basis.

    Football
  • EA SportsEA Sports
    11 hours ago

    Man Utd player ratings on EA FC 26 leaked as fans left stunned by squad

    There are a number of significant changes compared to EA FC 25.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    11 hours ago

    Thomas Tuchel's true feelings on Trent Alexander-Arnold revealed after England snub

    Trent Alexander-Arnold has been left out of Thomas Tuchel's latest England squad.

    Football