sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Ray Parlour gives brutally honest verdict on Jermaine Jenas' talkSPORT interview to leave listeners stunned
Home>Football>Football News>Arsenal
Updated 09:10 24 Aug 2024 GMT+1Published 13:43 23 Aug 2024 GMT+1

Ray Parlour gives brutally honest verdict on Jermaine Jenas' talkSPORT interview to leave listeners stunned

The former Arsenal midfielder didn't hold back after listening to Jenas' response.

Ben McCrum

Ben McCrum

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Arsenal legend Ray Parlour has reacted to the response of Jermaine Jenas to the news that he had been sacked by the BBC from all presenter duties.

Jenas has previously worked for the BBC on both The One Show and Match of the Day but has now been taken off air for both shows.

The BBC released a statement on Thursday confirming that they would no longer be working with the former Tottenham midfielder, amid claims of 'inappropriate behaviour.'

The 41-year-old was live on air with talkSPORT when the news broke, and the next morning Parlour reacted to Jenas' response during his own show on talkSPORT.

Advert

And the former Arsenal midfielder didn't hold back in his reaction to Jenas' response, labelling it a waste of time.

Speaking on the talkSPORT breakfast show, he said: "I tell you what, what a waste of three minutes in the morning, I could have had a nice cup of tea and made you a nice cup of tea.

"What was the point of that? If he can't say anything, he's just got to say right at the start 'sorry, I can't speak now,' and that's it, the interview's over.

"I'm sure the listeners are really riveted at home."

Jenas remained coy when asked for a response as the news broke, giving very little away and refusing to answer almost any question on the matter.

However, he did provide a brief reaction, saying: "I can't really talk about, I am not happy about but as it stands I'm going to have to let my lawyers deal with it. There's two sides to every story."

Jermaine Jenas had been a presenter on The One Show from 2020. (Image: Getty)
Jermaine Jenas had been a presenter on The One Show from 2020. (Image: Getty)

In an official statement responding to the news talkSPORT told SPORTbible: "We were made aware of a breaking news story involving Jermaine Jenas as he went on air for a one-off presenting slot on talkSPORT Drive.

"We made a decision - with Jermaine - that he should continue to present the show.

"Given the array of serious allegations being reported as the story continues to evolve, it's for Jermaine as a private individual to address them in the way he chooses.

"There are no plans for Jermaine to broadcast as a presenter on talkSPORT in the immediate future."

Featured Image Credit: talkSPORT

Topics: Arsenal, Match Of The Day, Tottenham Hotspur

Ben McCrum
Ben McCrum

Ben is a sports journalist who specialises in football, Formula One and MMA. He has written for publications such as Manchester Evening News, WiganToday, Manchester World and beIN Sports. Throughout his career, he has interviewed top athletes including Gareth Southgate, Luke Littler, Tom Aspinall and Jenson Button.

X

@benmcc14

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    BBC confirm pundit line-up for World Cup as 11 names missing

    Didier Drogba, Vincent Kompany and Rio Ferdinand among the pundits not working for BBC Sport this summer

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Liverpool consider U-turn to sack Arne Slot after Mo Salah comments, with FOUR replacements considered

    Liverpool hero Salah criticised the team's style of play after Aston Villa defeat, piling yet more pressure on Slot

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    23-year-old footballer speaks publicly after being stabbed seven times in Huntingdon train attack

    Jonathan Gjoshe was seriously injured in the knife attack in November 2025

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho has already identified his first major signing for Real Madrid and it would be huge

    Mourinho is on the verge of becoming Real Madrid manager for a second time.

    Football
  • People are raving about ‘delicious’ chocolate shake that ‘keeps them full until lunch’
  • The 'brutally short' message BBC staff were sent to inform them of Jermaine Jenas' sacking
  • Fans left stunned after noticing Jermaine Jenas has new role just minutes after being 'sacked by BBC'
  • Jermaine Jenas makes extraordinary statement live on talkSPORT after news of his BBC sacking breaks