A host of footballers have hit the headlines this year, managing to pull out impressive performances despite dealing with living in a pandemic and mid-season breaks.
As a result, the transfer values of some players have risen stratospherically, at least according to Transfermarkt.
The majority of the players who have seen their values rise are youngsters who are just beginning to hit their stride, but there is one Manchester United ace who has managed grow his worth despite having left his teenage years behind him a while ago.
Here are the top ten biggest increases in transfer value in 2020, as per Transfermarkt.
10. Edmond Tapsoba, Bayer Leverkusen, Increase: £22.95m (Current Value £27m)
The 21-year-old Burkina Faso centre-back has become a Bundesliga regular since joining Leverkusen in January of this year, and looks set for a very bright future.
9. Bukayo Saka, Arsenal, Increase: £24.3m (Current Value: £36m)
Saka has been a rare bright spot for the Gunners this season, becoming more and more important to their chances while manager Mikel Arteta struggles. Gooners will now have to hope that the rest of their team match the ability and commitment of the winger.
8. Alessandro Bastoni, Inter Milan, Increase: £24.3m (Current Value: £45m)
There can't be many better managers than Antonio Conte for a young centre-back, and Bastoni has taken full advantage. The 21-year-old has become an important part of the team while Conte turns them into Serie A title challengers.
7. Giovanni Reyna, Borussia Dortmund, Increase: £27m (Current Value: £27m)
Reyna has benefitted from not having a value until his debut for Dortmund in January of this year, but still deserves a place on the list. The 18-year-old has three goals and four assists in 13 Bundesliga games this season, and it looks like the German side have another wonderkid on their hands.
6. Mason Greenwood, Manchester United, Increase: £27m (Current Value: £45m)
United fans are getting to witness yet another exciting young talent break through at Old Trafford these days, following in the footsteps of Marcus Rashford, the Class of '92, and many others. Greenwood is still only 19-years-old and already looking comfortable at the highest level.
5. Phil Foden, Manchester City, Increase: £27m (Current Value: £54m)
Being a young midfielder playing under Pep Guardiola must be a dream come true, and Foden has managed to break into an impressive midfield at the Etihad. As long as he can continue getting game time with the Sky Blues, the future is very bright for the 20-year-old.
4. Bruno Fernandes, Manchester United, Increase: £27m (Current Value: £81m)
While the other members of this list have largely been wonderkids, Fernandeshas enjoyed a slightly later rise in prominence than his peers. Now 26-years-old, the midfielder has become one of the best players in the Premier League since his arrival last January.
3. Ansu Fati, Barcelona, Increase: £36m (Current Value: £72m)
While Barcelona appear to be falling apart under Ronald Koeman, with Lionel Messi unhappy and performances in La Liga suffering, Fati has been a ray of hope at the Nou Camp. The 18-year-old has four goals in seven La Liga matches this season, and will have big boots to fill if Messi does leave the Blaugrana.
2. Alphonso Davies, Bayern Munich, Increase: £49.5m (Current Value: £72m)
Davies has had an amazing year at the Allianz Arena, impressing pretty much everyone with his performances in the Champions League and as part of an all-conquering Bayern Munich side. It looks like the Canadian will be racing past opposition defenders for a long time.
1. Erling Haaland, Borussia Dortmund, Increase: £49.5m (Current Value: £90m)
Haaland appears to find everything easy, which is pretty impressive when you're playing at the highest level of European football. The striker has a frankly ridiculous 17 goals in 14 appearances across all competitions this season, and it says something that the goal records set by Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo don't look completely safe from the Norwegian for the next decade.
Topics: Manchester City, Phil Foden, Bruno Fernandes, Football News, Football, Manchester United, Barcelona, Bayer Leverkusen, Alphonso Davies, Mason Greenwood, Erling Haaland, Bukayo Saka, Ansu Fati, Borussia Dortmund, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan
- Revealed: The Top 10 Players Whose Value Has Increased The Most In 2020
- "A top player" - Jermain Defoe claims Man Utd and Arsenal target can have "the pick of any club he wants"
- Top 10 Most Valuable Players Born After The Year 2000 Have Been Revealed
- The Top 10 Wonderkids In World Football Right Now Have Been Ranked