sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
David Beckham releases statement after sacking Phil Neville at Inter Miami
Home>Football
Updated 08:02 2 Jun 2023 GMT+1Published 07:43 2 Jun 2023 GMT+1

David Beckham releases statement after sacking Phil Neville at Inter Miami

Phil Neville is no longer the manager of Inter Miami.

Nasir Jabbar

Nasir Jabbar

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

David Beckham has released a statement following the ruthless sacking of Phil Neville at Inter Miami.

The Miami-based side announced on Thursday that they had parted company with Neville amid a string of poor results in the MLS.

Under Neville, Inter Miami lost 10 of their 15 games as they sit in last place in the Eastern Conference.

They've lost their last four MLS matches, but are still in the US Open Cup. Though Beckham has prioritised the MLS.

Advert

Inter Miami's 1-0 defeat at home to New York Red Bulls was the final straw, with the 48-year-old opting to sack his former Manchester United teammate.

He's spoken out about the 'tough decision' to relieve Neville of his duties at the club in a statement released online.

"Phil has made a real contribution to the culture of our club with his qualities as a leader and knowledge as a coach," Beckham said following Neville's departure.

"Sometimes in this game we have to make the toughest decisions and sadly we feel the time is right to make a change."

Neville added: "I would like to thank the Inter Miami CF ownership group for their trust and making me a part of this project; the players and staff for their impressive commitment, dedication and hard work; and the fans for their unwavering support for the Club since day one.

"I’m grateful to have played a part in the growth of this Club and wish Inter Miami CF all the best in the future."

It appears the pressure was mounting on Neville, who snapped at a reporter following the club's defeat to Orlando City last week.

The 46-year-old lost his cool during his post-match press conference as he lashed out a reporter, demanding he showed some respect.

Featured Image Credit: BeanymanSports/Alamy

Topics: David Beckham, Phil Neville, Football, Inter Miami

Nasir Jabbar
Nasir Jabbar

Nasir Jabbar is a journalist at SPORTbible. He graduated from Bath Spa University with a BA in Media Communications. He's a combat sport aficionado and has contributed to MMA websites AddictedMMA and CagePotato. Nasir has covered some of the biggest fights, while interviewing the likes of Conor McGregor, Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Darren Till. He's also an avid Bristol City fan.

X

@NasJabbar

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

9 hours ago
10 hours ago
12 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    9 hours ago

    Carlo Ancelotti announces 26-man Brazil World Cup squad as Neymar call made

    Brazil take on Morocco in their opening group match on June 13.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    10 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola to leave Manchester City after final game against Aston Villa as successor named

    Guardiola is expected to leave City after 10 seasons in charge.

    Football
  • Getty
    12 hours ago

    Croatia announce 26-man World Cup squad as decisions made on Modric and Gvardiol

    The European nation begin their tournament against England on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    12 hours ago

    Jamie Carragher reignites Mo Salah feud branding Liverpool man selfish live on MNF

    Salah demanded a return to 'heavy metal football' in an apparent parting swipe at Arne Slot

    Football
  • David Beckham's contract at LA Galaxy included two clauses that helped him earn $500 million, it's genius
  • Fans think Lionel Messi was 'ignored' by David Beckham in meeting and it's so awkward to watch
  • The richest people to be involved with Manchester United, nine are higher than Sir Alex Ferguson
  • "Show some f*cking respect" - Phil Neville swears at reporter during heated exchange