sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Fans say Cristiano Ronaldo was disrespected during the Best FIFA Awards
Home>Football
Updated 22:27 27 Feb 2023 GMTPublished 22:26 27 Feb 2023 GMT

Fans say Cristiano Ronaldo was disrespected during the Best FIFA Awards

The Best FIFA Awards took place in Paris on Monday night

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Fans are saying that Cristiano Ronaldo has been disrespected during the Best FIFA Awards.

On Monday, some of the world’s biggest football stars arrived in Paris for the awards ceremony celebrating the best of the year.

As expected, the majority of the men’s awards were won by Argentina after their stunning World Cup win in Qatar last year.

Lionel Messi was named the best player, Emiliano Martinez the best goalkeeper, Lionel Scaloni took home the best coach award whilst Argentina supporters won best fans.

Advert

However, during a montage shown in the ceremony, fans felt five-time Ballon d’Or winner Ronaldo was disrespected after they showed footage of the Al Nassr man sitting on the bench.

Fans were quick to show their displeasure on social media.

One fan said: “They disrespected Ronaldo again.”

Another wrote: “Not the first time FIFA disrespected Ronaldo like this by the way.”

A third fan added: “Not a good look for FIFA to disrespect a legend of the game like that, there are other clips of him, why show one of him sat on the bench?”

In truth, the year 2022 has been a tough one for Ronaldo to say the least.

After making a stunning return to Manchester United in 2021, his second stint at Old Trafford ended bitterly after his explosive interview with Piers Morgan.

To add to the woes, Ronaldo’s dream of winning his first World Cup with Portugal was dashed when Morocco knocked them out in the quarter-finals.

After weeks of speculation on the back of the tournament in Qatar, it was announced in early January that the 37-year-old had signed for Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr.

During his first press conference in the Middle East, Ronaldo declared that his time in Europe is now over as he prepared for another new chapter in what has already been an illustrious career.

To date, Ronaldo has scored eight goals and assisted two in six appearances across all competitions for his new club.

Will Ronaldo be a success in Saudi Arabia? Only time will tell.

Featured Image Credit: FIFA/Alamy

Topics: Cristiano Ronaldo, FIFA, Football

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

3 hours ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Final Champions League spot could be decided by play-off as unthinkable scenario unfolds

    This has never happened before, but it's genuinely possible with a game left to play in the Premier League.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Declan Rice has the coldest response to Arsenal’s first Premier League title win in 22 years

    Arsenal are the 2026 Premier League champions and Rice made sure to celebrate.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    'I've studied Pep for a while' - Micah Richards reacts to Pep Guardiola's response to exit rumours

    Richards also said Manchester City's players went against the club's ethos as they surrendered the Premier League title to Arsenal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola responds to rumours he will leave Manchester City after Premier League title loss

    The Manchester City boss has finally broken his silence on the rumours.

    Football
  • Every Player Messi and Ronaldo Voted for in FIFA Best and Ballon d'Or Awards
  • Every player Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi voted for in Ballon d'Or and FIFA Best awards since 2010
  • Cristiano Ronaldo Could Still Be Banned for World Cup After FIFA Decision
  • Richard Keys Blasts FIFA Over Controversial Cristiano Ronaldo Call