sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Chris Kamara forced to pull out of TV presenter job due to his speech difficulties
Home>Football
Published 17:52 22 May 2023 GMT+1

Chris Kamara forced to pull out of TV presenter job due to his speech difficulties

The former football manager has opened up about his 'ongoing speech problems'.

Ella Scott

Ella Scott

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Commentary king Chris Kamara has been forced to pull out of presenting the upcoming UK’s Strongest Man show, due to ongoing issues with his speech.

The 65-year-old was due to present the annual event at Nottingham’s Motorpoint Arena between the 27th and 29th of May.

However, Kamara took to Twitter to announce that he had stepped back from voicing the show and revealed the heartbreaking reason behind his decision.

He tweeted: “Due to my ongoing speech problems I have reluctantly pulled out of presenting this year’s UK's Strongest Man.

Advert

“The show will be in Nottingham this weekend. If you fancy? Please go along - it’s spectacular.”

In March 2022, the pundit revealed that he had developed apraxia of speech (AOS).

According to the National Institute of Health, this speech sound disorder often renders the suffer unable to speak correctly and consistently.

Furthermore, it affects brain pathways which plan speech movements and thus leads to the slurring of words and incoherent statements being uttered.

“It was only recorded last Friday so yesterday really took me by surprise," Kammy added.

“I can’t respond to everyone, but many thanks to all for the support and messages, which haven’t gone unnoticed - I’m very gratefu."

Following the initial reveal, the Middlesbrough man appeared on Steven Bartlett’s Diary of a CEO podcast.

Speaking to the 30-year-old, Kamara stated that AOS had made him feel like a “fraud”.

However, he has since opened up further to fans and thanked them for all the support following his diagnosis.

In a tweet written last September, the legendary broadcaster said: “It was a pleasure to speak to @SteveBartlettSC Diary of a CEO podcast.

Chris Kamara suffers from apraxia of speech. (
Doug Peters/Doug Peters/EMPICS Entertainment)

Last year, the former football manager stepped down from broadcasting with Sky after 24 years at the company.

However, he assured fans that it “wasn’t the end” of his commentary career.

In a tweet written last March, he stated: “Thank you so much to everyone for your best wishes.

“Twitter can be a wonderful platform. The response about my Apraxia has been overwhelming.”

He continued: “Unfortunately for you viewers this is not the end of me, but ‘Live TV’ might have to take a back seat at the moment. Thank you”.

At the time of writing, it has not been confirmed who will be taking over presenting duties at the 2023 UK’s Strongest Man show.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Chris Kamara, Football, Sky Sports, Worlds Strongest Man

Ella Scott
Ella Scott

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

13 mins ago
2 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    13 mins ago

    Pep Guardiola to leave Manchester City after final game against Aston Villa

    Guardiola is expected to leave City after nine seasons in charge.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Croatia announce 26-man World Cup squad as decisions made on Modric and Gvardiol

    The European nation begin their tournament against England on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Jamie Carragher reignites Mo Salah feud branding Liverpool man selfish live on MNF

    Salah demanded a return to 'heavy metal football' in an apparent parting swipe at Arne Slot

    Football
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    PGMO reveal whether Man Utd 'handball' against Nottingham Forest was the wrong decision as update issued

    Bryan Mbeumo handball should have seen Man Utd goal disallowed, admits referees' body

    Football
  • Jeff Stelling breaks down in tears as he adresses eating disorders on Soccer Saturday
  • Sky presenter forced to commentate on Arsenal goal during live coverage after technical issue
  • Soccer Saturday Legend Chris Kamara To Leave Sky Sports After 24 Years