• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Carlo Ancelotti and Kaka set for huge reunion with Brazil national team

Home> Football

Updated 16:00 11 Feb 2023 GMTPublished 14:57 11 Feb 2023 GMT

Carlo Ancelotti and Kaka set for huge reunion with Brazil national team

Carlo Ancelotti and Kaka are set to work together in the Brazil national team set up, reports say.

Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Carlo Ancelotti and Kaka are set to link up as a duo in the Brazil national team, according to reports.

The Selecao are on the hunt for a new manager after Tite left his position following the World Cup quarter-final defeat to Croatia on penalties.

The 61-year-old had been in charge for a six-year period and the likes of Jose Mourinho, Pep Guardiola and Luis Enrique were touted as potential replacements.

But Ancelotti is the leading contender for the manager's job and Bruno Andrade of UOL Esporte is reporting that he will reunite with Brazilian legend Kaka, who is in line to become the new director.

Advert

There is no complete agreement just yet but negotiations are believed to be at an advanced stage and the Italian, still currently managing Real Madrid, will play down any talk of him leaving Los Blancos until the ongoing campaign is finished.

If all goes well, four-time Champions League winner Ancelotti will become Brazil's first foreign manager in over 50 years. There have been strong reports indicating he has already agreed a three-year contract which would include the 2026 World Cup but, CBF, the Brazilian Football Confederation, have put a statement denying the claims.

Image: Alamy
Image: Alamy

The CBF said: "The Brazilian Football Confederation informs that the news released on Friday that the coach of Real Madrid, Italian Carlo Ancelotti, is the new coach of the Brazilian national team is unfounded.

"President Ednaldo Rodrigues maintains the statements given on Wednesday, after the drawing of the matches for the Copa do Brasil.

"At the time, the official ruled out speculation, saying that the matter is dealt with transparently and that the coach chosen will be announced at the right time."

Image: Alamy
Image: Alamy

Ancelotti, who worked with 2007 Ballon d'Or winner Kaka at AC Milan and Real, was asked about the rumours in his press conference and merely said his "situation is very clear".

Ancelotti commented: "I have a contract with Real Madrid until 2024."

Ancelotti is already familiar with many of Brazil's stars as he coaches Vinicius Jr, Rodrygo Goes and Eder Militao on a daily basis at Real.

Featured Image Credit: Sky Sports & Kaka

Topics: Carlo Ancelotti, Kaka, Brazil, AC Milan

Josh Lawless
Josh Lawless

Josh is a sports journalist who specialises in football and WWE. He has been published by Curzon Ashton FC, Late Tackle, Manchester City FC, The Mirror, Read Man City and Manchester Evening News. He provides coverage of professional wrestling and has covered two WrestleMania events for SPORTbible.

X

@joshlawless_

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

8 hours ago
9 hours ago
  • X
    8 hours ago

    Kylian Mbappe gives explosive interview as he reveals alleged racist comment

    The Real Madrid star has revealed the alleged comment made towards Vinicius Junior during the Champions League match.

    Football
  • Getty/ Amazon Prime
    8 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho slammed for comments on Vini Jr incident as pundits left speechless

    The Benfica boss has revealed exactly what he said to Vinicius Junior following the alleged racist incident.

    Football
  • Getty
    8 hours ago

    Trent Alexander-Arnold speaks out on Vini Jr incident as Brazilian issues statement

    The Real Madrid right-back spoke to Amazon Prime after an eventful night in Lisbon.

    Football
  • Prime Video
    9 hours ago

    Gianluca Prestianni takes immediate action following incident with Vini Jr

    The Benfica winger was involved in an incident with the Real Madrid man during the second half of the Champions League play-off first leg.

    Football
  • Exclusive: Kaka chooses between Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti and Manuel Pelligrini when naming favourite manager
  • Carlo Ancelotti told Brazil star without a cap since 2023 he'd 'win the Ballon d'Or' ahead of first squad reveal
  • Real Madrid 'in talks' with Carlo Ancelotti over shock return to the club just days after being named Brazil manager
  • Carlo Ancelotti Confirms Gabriel Injury News in Nightmare Arsenal Scenario