Barcelona have introduced three strict rules that players must follow this season
| Last updated
La Liga giants Barcelona have introduced three 'strict' rules on top of the 10 imposed from last season.
Back in November last year, Xavi introduced a host of new rules in an attempt to turn around the club's poor form, including an instruction that players must be home before midnight in the build-up to a game.
At the time, Barca were sitting in 10th place in La Liga after picking up just four wins from 12 games.
Here are the 10 original rules that were set in stone, according to Spanish outlet AS.
1. Players must arrive 90 minutes before training start
2. Staff must arrive two hours before training starts
3. Players must eat at the club's training ground
4. Fines have returned
5. Fines will be doubled for repeat offences/offenders
6. Players must be home before midnight two days before a game
7. Players must give their all in training
8. Player's off-field activity will be monitored
9. 'Risky' activities are no longer permitted
10. A good image is essential
Barcelona have certainly shown signs of improvement since. They've started the 2022/23 campaign strongly, winning three of their opening four La Liga games.
But it seems Xavi isn't resting until he makes a real impression on the team.
It has emerged that the Spanish club have introduced three rules as they prepare to challenge for the league title.
From today onwards, players have been prohibited from using Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or any other social media platform while involved in team activities, according to Cadena SER.
In addition to the above, players have been forbidden from posting any images or opinions that might portray the club, staff or any of the team members in a bad light.
Finally, players will be docked 10% of their wages if they refuse to participate in club-related advertisements or promotional activities.
Thoughts on the three rules?
Let us know in the comments.