sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Arsenal star Rob Holding in talks to join Besiktas on loan as Mikel Arteta clears the way for Jurrien Timber
Home>Football
Published 12:12 27 Jun 2023 GMT+1

Arsenal star Rob Holding in talks to join Besiktas on loan as Mikel Arteta clears the way for Jurrien Timber

One Arsenal player could soon be on their way out.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Arsenal defender Rob Holding is reportedly in talks to join Besiktas on a season-long loan amid the Gunners' interest in signing Jurrien Timber.

The Gunners launched a £30 million proposal to sign Timber from Ajax last week, as reported by The Athletic, but it was turned down by the Dutch giants.

But the 22-year-old centre-back appears to be edging closer to a move to the Emirates Stadium. The Daily Mail revealed on Monday that Arsenal had submitted a £41.5 million bid for the Netherlands international, who is said to be keen on joining the club.

Although the offer will fall short of Ajax's £50 million valuation, Arsenal are said to be 'hopeful' that a positive conclusion can be reached in negotiations this week, with personal terms close to being agreed.

Advert

The signing of Timber, who can play right-back and centre-back, would likely mean one of the Gunners' existing defenders will leave to make way for the Netherlands star.

And it appears that Holding could be the player to depart north London - at least temporarily.

Holding 'in talks with Besiktas'

According to the Daily Express, Holding is talks over joining Turkish Super Lig side Besiktas for the entirety of the 2023/24 season, despite previous reports of interest from Scottish giants Celtic.

It is claimed that the England centre-back has been told he can leave the club in order to find regular first team football.

Holding deputised for the injured William Saliba last season, starting six consecutive Premier League matches.

But he was dropped for the 3-1 win over Chelsea in May, and was an unused substitute for each of his side's final four fixtures of the campaign.

The 27-year-old is one of Arsenal's longest-serving players, after being signed by Arsene Wenger from Bolton for a fee of £2 million in 2016.

He has made 162 appearances for the club in all competitions. He also represented England U21s, but has never received a cap for the senior team.

It is claimed that if Holding joins Besiktas for a season, he would likely sign an extension to his Gunners contract beforehand to ensure that his value to the club does not decreased.

Featured Image Credit: PA

Topics: Arsenal, Premier League, Mikel Arteta, Besiktas, Transfers

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • Craig Burley launches astonishing attack on Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta over VAR controversy
  • Mikel Arteta revealed exactly what he would be doing as Arsenal crowned Premier League champions
  • Mikel Arteta picks first Arsenal signing after winning the Premier League
  • Arsenal legend fears 'nervous' Mikel Arteta demeanour could cost Gunners the title

Choose your content:

an hour ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    7 players Thomas Tuchel hasn't included in England World Cup squad who should feel hard done by

    Tuchel might regret some of his decisions.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Marcus Rashford forced to release statement addressing controversial post minutes after England call-up

    The freshly-recalled winger had to release a statement defending his former club after he snubbed them in a celebratory post

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Thomas Tuchel issues response to Harry Maguire's statement about failing to make England squad

    The England boss didn't hold back in his first comments after announcing the World Cup squad

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola accepts next job role after confirming Man City exit in emotional statement

    Guardiola's departure was confirmed on Friday.

    Football