sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Arsenal 'reach agreement with West Ham over Declan Rice transfer'
Home>Football
Updated 19:41 28 Jun 2023 GMT+1Published 19:02 28 Jun 2023 GMT+1

Arsenal 'reach agreement with West Ham over Declan Rice transfer'

Arsenal appear to be closing in.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Arsenal have reached an agreement in principle with West Ham to sign midfielder Declan Rice, it has been reported.

The Gunners launched a bid worth £105 million for the 24-year-old, who lifted the Europa Conference League earlier this month, on Tuesday.

Then, on Wednesday, it was revealed that Manchester City, who were rivalling the Gunners for Rice's signature, had pulled out of the battle to sign the Hammers captain.

According to the Daily Mail, Arsenal now appear to be nearing the finish line in the battle.

Advert

They are said to have agreed a deal in principle with the Hammers for an initial transfer fee of £100 million, plus £5 million in add-ons.

Rice deal 'agreed', transfer details revealed

The report claims Arsenal proposed that the guaranteed £100 million portion of the fee would be paid across four years.

West Ham, however, want the fee paid over two years instead, with the clubs said to be in advanced talks over ironing out this part of the deal.

But this issue has been described as 'minor', with the deal not at risk of falling through as a result on that particular point.

Arsenal fans will be delighted at news that an agreement has been reached between the Gunners and West Ham, with tension growing in recent weeks as City entered the race.

The Mail claimed that Pep Guardiola's side were not prepared to match Arsenal's £105 million bid for Rice, having seen a previous bid worth £90 million rejected by the reigning Europa Conference League trophy holders.

The Gunners' interest in Rice dates back to January, with reports in May claiming that manager Mikel Arteta was keen to get a deal done quickly after the end of the campaign.

Should a deal for the 24-year-old be finalised, he is set to be joined at the Emirates Stadium by Chelsea star Kai Havertz.

The Germany international is on the verge of sealing a £65 million move to Arsenal, although the move is yet to be officially announced by the club.

According to Sky Sports News reporter Dharmesh Sheth, the Gunners are also in advanced talks to sign Netherlands international centre-back Jurrien Timber from Ajax.

Featured Image Credit: PA

Topics: Arsenal, Declan Rice, West Ham United, Manchester City, Transfers

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

4 hours ago
5 hours ago
7 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Carlo Ancelotti announces 26-man Brazil World Cup squad as Neymar call made

    Brazil take on Morocco in their opening group match on June 13.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola to leave Manchester City after final game against Aston Villa as successor named

    Guardiola is expected to leave City after 10 seasons in charge.

    Football
  • Getty
    7 hours ago

    Croatia announce 26-man World Cup squad as decisions made on Modric and Gvardiol

    The European nation begin their tournament against England on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    7 hours ago

    Jamie Carragher reignites Mo Salah feud branding Liverpool man selfish live on MNF

    Salah demanded a return to 'heavy metal football' in an apparent parting swipe at Arne Slot

    Football
  • Study compares Partey, Rice, Rodri, Casemiro and Caicedo against each other, there's a clear winner
  • Jorginho rubbishes transfer rumours, says he's 'very happy' at Arsenal
  • Mikel Arteta planning new position for Jurrien Timber which could transform Arsenal
  • "Pep indicated..." - Arsenal fan's chance encounter with Guardiola provides Declan Rice transfer clue