sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Arsenal dealt Declan Rice delay despite Mikel Arteta’s ‘quick as possible’ demand
Home>Football
Updated 11:21 19 May 2023 GMT+1Published 11:20 19 May 2023 GMT+1

Arsenal dealt Declan Rice delay despite Mikel Arteta’s ‘quick as possible’ demand

It's a blow to the club's transfer plans.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Arsenal have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Declan Rice.

Arsenal are keen to bolster their midfield options next summer, having fallen just short in their attempts to claim their first Premier League in 19 years.

According to the Telegraph, the club are putting together a club-record £92million bid for England international Declan Rice, though West Ham want as much as possible of that fee paid upfront.

While the 24-year-old has also attracted interest from Manchester United, the Gunners allegedly remain confident they can agree a deal with the Hammers and land Rice this summer.

Advert

However, Arsenal’s attempts to sign Rice could be scuppered after the Hammers qualified for the Europa Conference League final.

Arsenal’s Rice deal delayed?

On Thursday West Ham completed a 3-1 aggregate victory over AZ Alkmaar to reach the Europa Conference League final.

West Ham will take on Fiorentina in Prague on June 7, in what will be their first European final in 47 years.

However, the Premier League side’s progress will delay any meaningful developments in Arsenal’s approach for Rice.

Indeed, according to the Metro, Moyes’ side want to focus on the final before taking meetings on Rice’s future.

It will come as a frustration to Arteta, given the Spaniard is normally keen to wrap up their summer transfers early like he did last year when Manchester City pair Oleksandr Zinchenko and Gabriel Jesus arrived before August.

In January, Arteta explained his preference in doing business early in a transfer window. He said via the Evening Standard: ​​“We knew the importance of getting players early in the summer and that is the same we want to do in January.

“This is idealistic. Sometimes it is not realistic. But obviously, if you ask my opinion, as quick as possible we want the players in to get settled.”

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Football, Transfers, Declan Rice, Arsenal, Premier League, West Ham United, Mikel Arteta, Europa Conference League

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

4 hours ago
5 hours ago
7 hours ago
8 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Tottenham captain Cristian Romero will not be in attendance for final game against Everton

    Romero is being heavily criticised for his actions.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Harry Maguire's mum and brother slam Thomas Tuchel decision after England World Cup snub

    Maguire says he is "shocked" and "gutted" by Tuchel's call.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    A list of players who have been left out of England's World Cup squad by the ruthless Thomas Tuchel

    Tuchel is also being criticised for some of his selections.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football
  • Declan Rice has the coldest response to Arsenal’s first Premier League title win in 22 years
  • Mikel Arteta revealed exactly what he would be doing as Arsenal crowned Premier League champions
  • Craig Burley launches astonishing attack on Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta over VAR controversy
  • Piers Morgan makes bold claim as VAR hands Arsenal victory over West Ham