To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK

Tottenham boss Antonio Conte has 'banished' FOUR senior players from his squad

Rory O'Callaghan

Published 
| Last updated 

Tottenham boss Antonio Conte has 'banished' FOUR senior players from his squad

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Tottenham head coach Antonio Conte has reportedly banished four senior players from training as the club continues to look for buyers for the unwanted quartet.

Tanguy Ndombele, Giovani Lo Celso, Sergio Reguilon and Harry Winks have been separated from the rest of the squad and must train individually, according to the Evening Standard.

The four players have also been training at different times to the rest of the squad since the club's pre-season tour of South Korea.

Loading…

Tottenham are trying to offload the quartet but there is an acceptance that their futures are unlikely to be resolved before the final week of the transfer window, which closes for Premier League clubs on September 1.

Ndombele, who was Tottenham's record signing before the arrival of Richarlison from Everton this summer, has failed to impress since joining Spurs in a £54m move from Lyon in 2019.

He was loaned back to the French club last season but the Ligue 1 side opted not take up an option to buy the player at the end of the campaign.

The Evening Standard claim Villarreal have shown an interest in the France international as well as fellow Spurs midfielder Lo Celso, who spent the second half of last season on loan at the Spanish club.

Harry Winks is one of four players reportedly 'banished' from Antonio Conte's squad (Image: Alamy)
Harry Winks is one of four players reportedly 'banished' from Antonio Conte's squad (Image: Alamy)

But Villarreal are yet to make a bid for either midfielder.

Fiorentina are also said to be interested in Lo Celso but both the Italian club and Villarreal would prefer a loan deal, while Tottenham are keen to offload the Argentina international on a permanent deal.

Spurs academy graduate Winks is reportedly being monitored by Valencia but there have been no bids so far for the England international, after Everton and Leicester cooled their interest in the midfielder earlier this summer.

Reguilon was linked with Sevilla earlier in the window but his hopes of returning to Spain were dashed when the La Liga side signed Alex Telles on loan from Manchester United instead.

Sergio Reguilon has also been told to train individually (Image: Alamy)
Sergio Reguilon has also been told to train individually (Image: Alamy)

However, Brighton have expressed an interest in signing the left-back as a replacement for fellow Spain international Marc Cucurella, who joined Chelsea in a £63m move last week.

Tottenham made a strong start to the new Premier League season under Conte, beating Southampton 4-1 in their opening game.

They next face London rivals Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Topics: Tottenham Hotspur, Harry Winks, Sergio Reguilon, Transfers, Antonio Conte, Premier League, Football

Rory O'Callaghan
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Football

The one time Sir Alex Ferguson gave Cristiano Ronaldo the hairdryer treatment is a fascinating watch

8 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

'Goal!' was released in the United Kingdom 17 years ago today, it remains an absolute classic

16 hours ago