sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Christian Horner cleared of inappropriate behaviour after investigation as Red Bull release statement
Home>F1
Updated 12:04 29 Feb 2024 GMTPublished 15:39 28 Feb 2024 GMT

Christian Horner cleared of inappropriate behaviour after investigation as Red Bull release statement

Big news.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner has been cleared after an investigation into allegations of inappropriate behaviour.

Red Bull - the parent company of the racing team - launched an internal investigation, which was overseen by an 'external, specialised lawyer', following the allegations.

Horner, who consistently denied all the allegations against him, was interviewed for several hours on February 9 as part of the investigation.

And speaking publicly at the team's car launch five days later, he said: "Firstly, I obviously deny the allegations that have been made.

Advert

"But I'm going through a process and fully respect it."

Getty

The Times reported earlier on Wednesday that Horner was set to be cleared of misconduct by the independent investigation, with the 50-year-old due to be exonerated by the 'independent barrister employed to review the evidence'.

Red Bull have now confirmed that the 'grievance' made against Horner has been dismissed following the conclusion of the team's investigation.

A statement issued reads: "The independent investigation into the allegations made against Mr Horner is complete, and Red Bull can confirm that the grievance has been dismissed. The complaint has a right of appeal.

"The investigation report is confidential and contains the private information of the parties and third parties who assisted in the investigation, and therefore we will not be commenting further out of respect for all concerned.

"Red Bull will continue striving to meet the highest workplace standards."

A spokesperson for the company told BBC Sport: "Red Bull is confident that the investigation has been fair, rigorous and impartial."

Autosport have reported that Horner, who has led the Milton Keynes-based team since Red Bull co-founder, Dietrich Mateschitz, bought the Jaguar team in 2005, is travelling to Bahrain ahead of this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix.

The first race of the 2024 F1 season, held at the Sakhir International Circuit, takes place on Saturday.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Red Bull Racing, Formula 1

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

27 days ago
  • SPORTbible
    27 days ago

    Formula E unveil game-changing new car that will have F1 looking over their shoulder

    The new car reaches 0-200kph in just 4.4 seconds, which is 1.5 seconds faster than its predecessor.

    F1
  • Getty
    27 days ago

    Christian Horner 'explores' moving to other sport after being blocked in F1

    Horner was sacked by Red Bull after 20 years in July 2025.

    F1
  • Getty
    27 days ago

    Fernando Alonso issues retirement update ahead of Miami Grand Prix

    The Aston Martin driver has spoken about his future after a torrid start to the season.

    F1
  • Getty
    27 days ago

    F1 have quietly removed controversial new rule that drivers and team bosses hated

    The small change is set to make an important difference in certain parts of each circuit.

    F1
  • Five things to look out for at Bahrain GP including Lewis Hamilton dilemma and little-known F1 rule
  • Red Bull complete investigation into team principal Christian Horner
  • Max Verstappen responds to ongoing Christian Horner investigation into alleged ‘inappropriate behaviour’