sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Mike Tyson releases first video statement after controversial Jake Paul fight confirmed
Home>Boxing
Published 15:32 13 Mar 2024 GMT

Mike Tyson releases first video statement after controversial Jake Paul fight confirmed

Mike Tyson will be fighting Jake Paul in July.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Mike Tyson has released a video statement after his controversial fight against Jake Paul was confirmed.

Last week, it was confirmed that Tyson and Paul will fight at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas on July 20.

Announcing the fight, which is set to be streamed on Netflix, the platform wrote on social media: “It’s JAKE PAUL vs. MIKE TYSON — yes, really! — in a LIVE BOXING event at AT&T Stadium you won’t want to miss. Airing live on Netflix Saturday, July 20 #PaulTyson.”

Advert

Tyson said of facing Paul: “I’m very much looking forward to stepping into the ring with Jake Paul at the AT&T STADIUM IN ARLINGTON, TEXAS. He's grown significantly as a boxer over the years, so it will be a lot of fun to see what the will and ambition of a “kid” can do with the experience and aptitude of a GOAT.

“It's a full circle moment that will be beyond thrilling to watch; as I started him on his boxing journey on the undercard of my fight with Roy Jones and now I plan to finish him.”

The former heavyweight world champion has since posted a video on his social media.

Tyson was filmed saying: “Sign the contract big boy, come on, sign the contract.”

The video was posted to promote his new range of t-shirts.


Writing on social media, Paul said: “I could not be more excited to make this amazing fight available to all Netflix subscribers alongside the hardest hitter of all time, Mike Tyson, on Saturday, July 20th.

“Whether you're tuning in on Netflix or showing out in person, whether you're team Paul or team Tyson, or whether you're a lifelong boxing fan or watching your first fight, you're not going to want to miss this event.”

He added: “My sights are set on becoming a world champion, and now I have a chance to prove myself against the greatest heavyweight champion of the world, the baddest man on the planet and the most dangerous boxer of all time. Time to put Iron Mike to sleep.”

Featured Image Credit: Twitter/@MikeTyson

Topics: Mike Tyson, Jake Paul, Boxing

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

a day ago
3 days ago
  • Getty Images
    a day ago

    Dana White reveals major problem for UFC White House event that he doesn't know how to solve

    The White House is proving to be a thorn in UFC's side, as a rose bush is attracting thousands of pesky guests

    Boxing
  • Getty
    a day ago

    "Unacceptable" - Jake Paul bans boxing star from all MVP events after backstage altercation

    Jake Paul's Most Valuable Promotions have confirmed the ban in an official statement.

    Boxing
  • Getty Images
    a day ago

    Tyson and Paris Fury's extraordinary wedding gift to Venezuela and new husband

    Tyson Fury and wife, Paris, set their 16-year-old daughter up for life with a wedding gift with husband Noah Price

    Boxing
  • Getty Images
    3 days ago

    Why Venezuela Fury could be married aged 16 after Tyson's blessing

    The pair tied the knot during a lavish ceremony on Saturday, May 16.

    Boxing
  • Mike Tyson confirms his next fight after losing to Jake Paul
  • Terence Crawford 'exposes' Jake Paul and Mike Tyson 'script' to Joe Rogan
  • Mike Tyson sends demand to Jake Paul after Katie Taylor beats Amanda Serrano for the third time and he's already reacted
  • Jake Paul makes Mike Tyson $1 million bet and legendary boxer agrees under one condition