To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
Fury and Paul were finally set to do battle at Madison Square Garden on August 6. However, Fury has been forced to pull out of the fight after being denied entry to the United States for a press conference.
The 23-year-old was turned away from Heathrow Airport in London last month and failed to sort out the issue by Wednesday's deadline.
Paul has since arranged a new fight with Hasim Rahman Jr. and John revealed an interesting detail about Tommy's preparations.
"Tommy wasn't exactly in training," John admitted to DAZN via Freebets.com.
"He'd only had about 10 days because he'd been on holiday and it was a surprising thing for him.
"I was a way out of it doing these tours [with WBC heavyweight champion and other son Tyson] and being busy elsewhere so I never got the chance to look at it properly.
"When I've paid attention, I noticed the whole thing wasn't right anyway.
"But I said 'Okay, it is what it is, if you want to go over there and box him, do it. You're experienced enough now and it's a 50-50 platform. I know you could be fitter, you're overweight, but it's entirely up to yourself because I'm busy and I can't do it.' So, he said 'Okay then, I'll do my own thing and I'll go fight him anyway because I can beat him.'"
Fury had moved to London to train with Shane McGuigan and John claimed he currently weighed 231lbs - which is 31lbs over the cruiserweight limit.
Paul saw the interview and shared a screenshot to Twitter, along with a message of his own.
'The Problem Child' vented: "I should sue this fool. Own dad exposes why he pulled out a second time."
I should sue this fool. Own dad exposes why he pulled out a second time. pic.twitter.com/EdTE8PZXh1— Jake Paul (@jakepaul) July 9, 2022
There were talks to bring the fight to the UK, but those fell through.
Paul believes Fury is attempting to 'weasel' out of a fight and offered $500,000 for a fight in the UK.
He made the offer on social media and that saw Fury reply: "I wouldn’t get out of bed to fight you for $500k. Let me know when you’re ready to have a serious conversation."
New opponent Rahman Jr. is the son of former world champion Hasim Rahman and holds a 12-1 record at professional level.
The pair have sparred in the past and nearly came to blows during a session two years ago.
Featured Image Credit: Jake Paul/YouTube, Tommy Fury/Instagram & Alamy
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read